How do you do it?

Ok , so im really confused, my boyfriend and i want to have a baby, i have no insurance, and cannot get medicaid, when i had my son i was on medicaid, i want to be prepared ya know.. but this whole insurance thing is really confusing. and seems to be kinda pointless for having a baby...(unless you pay a crap ton for the insurance that hardly covers anything)

HaviksMum

Asked by HaviksMum at 9:37 PM on Feb. 17, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• It seems that you cannot afford a child right now. It would be unfair to your son, and potential child, to have another child in your current financial situation.

Find a great job, with fantastic benefits, then have a child you can afford

Answer by rkoloms at 9:16 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I agree with the first poster. However if you got pregnant chances are you would qualify for medicaid again. But yes you shouldn't until you can comfortably afford to have another.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:57 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Does your boyfriend have insurance? If you are ready to have a baby with him, then why not marry him first and get on his insurance? Another option is insurance like Aflac. I only pay $50 a month for it and it pays you cash when you are in the hospital. As long as you purchase it before you get pregnant, they will send you a check for having your baby in the hospital.
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 3:40 PM on Feb. 21, 2011