My sister is 23 years old. Her long time Boyfriend, well knocked her up and ran. She wants to keep the baby, but we're trying to convince her not to. What should we do?

she's currently trying to earn her master's degree at Yale. Hard to believe right? please help. this would help my family soo much :)

mannyperry

Asked by mannyperry at 9:45 PM on Feb. 17, 2011 in Pregnancy

• What should you do? You should let her make her own decision. She is 23 and if she is in a master's program at Yale, she's smart enough to know what she can handle.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 9:47 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• It is her decision whether to keep the baby or not. No matter what you, the rest of the family, thinks. I would shut my mouth and try to support her and her decision. I was 22 when my first child was born.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 9:48 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• i am one of those saps who say things happen for a reason. if your sister is mentally and financially capabe of taking care of a child then i am going to have to say keep it. a child can be such a blessing, maybe even in disguise. if the situation isnt stale enough for a child i suggeset adoption, not abortion.
    ash.k.ray

Answer by ash.k.ray at 9:49 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Just support her decision!!! The sperm donor already walked out on her the last thing she needs if her family not being supportive!!
    michellesgirls2

Answer by michellesgirls2 at 9:53 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Support her! in the end it is her decision... and pulling her in different directions is just going to hurt the relationship you have as sisters.
    kaitilala

Answer by kaitilala at 10:02 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• She is an adult. Support her decision. She will regret giving up her child.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 9:47 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• life happens. (literally). i agree with other posts. shes old enough & smart enough to make her own decisions. thats the only way it should be. trust her judgement!! If you talk her into giving up her child & she dosent want to , she will end up resenting you for that! & thats a horrible thing to talk someone into doing. when the child is older & grown & part of the fam & u have bonded, u will be sad u almost sent the child away (or aborted !) :( the baby could end up being the best thing in her life. college can still happen..with a supportive family. it'll just be more challenging
    hellokitty1978

Answer by hellokitty1978 at 9:55 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Support whatever she decides to do.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 9:55 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• if you are truly a supportive family...............you will will support her regardless of her decision...............you say your family is torn, this too me is comical perhaps this is why her boyfriend left............sometimes, family can be overinvolved instead of being a real family of encouragement and support!
    mghtymffn

Answer by mghtymffn at 10:10 PM on Feb. 17, 2011