Ok. so im a teen. and Im pregnant.i know. ur probly like of course. How can i tell my parents this?

many people have told me how to. But i cant. It breaks my heart. I know its my fault. But please help me!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:52 PM on Feb. 17, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• They might be disappointed but your parents will love you no matter what. Your parents deserve your honesty for sure.. i agree with ^ 100%.. I had to write my dad a letter because i couldn't bear to see his face when i told him. I let him think for a while.. and told him to call me when he was ready.. and it worked out great.. it took a lot of time to get everyone okay with the idea but.. it felt SO good once my family knew.. its a huge weight off your shoulders. Tell them before your belly.. or someone else does!!!
    kaitilala

Answer by kaitilala at 10:00 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Shoot I was 21 when I had to sit my dad down and tell him I was pregnant, and it was still scary. I know it's hard but your going to have to do it. It's scary now but it's better to get it out of the way. This way at least you'll know whether they're gonna stand by you or not. Being pregnant isn't easy your gonna need some emotional support.
    myree85

Answer by myree85 at 10:00 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Do you have an older sister, an aunt, grandma or neighbor who could be present when you tell them? If you run out of words, maybe they could just come out and say it for you. In years to come this will get better. Hugs.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 9:59 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• It may feel like it's the end of the world, but it's not. YOu have made a decision that takes you to a different path, perhaps a longer and harder path to happiness and financial stability, but you'll get there. Sit your parents down, and just say "I am pregnant. I know I made a mistake. I am scared, please help me. I NEED your help". Practice it in front of the mirror, write it down, rehearse it in your head, and just do it. You may not realize this right now, you will need the support system to be able to go to/complete college. Esp nowadays, without a college degree, you are not giving yourself/your child a fair shot in life.
    Olivia4116

Answer by Olivia4116 at 10:02 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Talk to them. Trust me. And the sooner the better. When I was 15 I had a miscarriage because I was so afraid to talk to my parents and tell them what had happened. The stress was too much for my pregnancy. If your parents love you at all, they'll hold your hand through this. If they do decide to kick you out, go to the school's guidance department and ask them for help. They should be able to help you find housing and get you financial assistance. Don't wait until it's too late and your baby's gone. :( GL hon. If you want to talk after you tell them or just need support feel free to PM me.
    MamaStuart

Answer by MamaStuart at 10:04 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• You thought you were old enough to handle sex, and all that goes with it right? So you should be able to sit down and tell them. There's no easy way to do it. They need to know, and deserve your honesty....
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:56 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• well- just do it ( just like when you had sex) They will not hate you for it. you can work something out but the sooner the bettter.
    I have 2 teen age daughters and a girl in their school just commited suicide last night. It seemed she had a lot going for her. Nobody knows why, But That is what hurts other people. Not by making a mistake. PLEASE talk to somebody! There has to be someone.
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 9:57 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Is the father of your child willing to be with you to hold your hand & sit w/ you while you tell them? If he is "man" enough to make a baby w/ you , then he should be by your side while you break the news to your parents. I'm sorry that you are faced with this, but this does not have to be the worst thing in your life. There are many teen & young single moms who finish their education, further their education & make a career for themselves & their child. It wont be easy, but if you stay strong, focused & determined, you can do it. Good Luck.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 10:01 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I was 19 when I got pregnant with my first child my parents had no clus I was having sex and had never talked about it either I was their total independent child who left everything for me to figure out on my own or me to figure for them being I am the oldest. I decidede I WASNT going to tell them at 3 mos I moved out and at four mos my figured it out neither of them talked to for about 2 mos but them got over it and totally were in love with my child in no time. how ever you do you need to tell or they will figure it out. and in the end they will still love you and their grand child. everything happens for a reason.
    Tyrod

Answer by Tyrod at 10:15 PM on Feb. 17, 2011