I need suggestions

So this is my average day as far as food goes. no breakfast, coffee. lunch ususally peanut butter sandwich with th ekids and some veggies. supper is always a meat and a veggie. nothing spectacular whatever the kids will eat. i dont ususally eat anything past 7pm unless hubby is home. so thats maybe 3 nights a week. snacks during the day are ususally peanuts or fruit. and for 36 days i have done min 40 min, max 90 min cardio. I have only missed 4 days in that time. Day 30 i said id get on the scale but wouldnt care what number came up. yeah well i lost a measly 4 lbs and now im am discouraged. What should i do?

SparklesOfAmber

Asked by SparklesOfAmber at 3:07 PM on Nov. 18, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• well first of all you NEED to eat breakfast...you should have about 5-6 mini meals a day...drink a lot of water. Ditch the PB and peanuts.. You need to focus more on lean protein sources and make sure you are cutting back on sugars as well. Caloric intake needs to be whatever you and your dr have decided. (Try to avoice most red meats) you have to eat more often instead of less....good luck
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 3:12 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• also get a full physical because there could be numerous reason..thyroid, genetics, medications, hormones etc
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 3:13 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• Let me share what my trainer told me: I'm 5'6" and had about 30 pounds to lose.
    Eat 1300 calories a day, evenly dispersed between 5-6 mini meals a day
    100 grams of protein a day within those 1300 calories
    Write down everything you eat
    Have protein with every meal
    Eat first thing when you wake up
    Cardio 5 times a week for 40 min. with your heart rate in the fat burning zone (145-155 bpm)
    Weight lifting 2 times a week for 30-40 min.

hgibsonorc

Answer by hgibsonorc at 3:27 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• When you sleep, your body goes 6-10 hours without food. So it conserves energy. Admittedly, sleeping is not hard work, your body can cut back. In the morning, you have now fasted for 6-10 hours and your body needs fuel.

You need to eat something within the first hour of rising to let your body know that you are not starving it. Otherwise, your body will continue to store fat (energy) for survival. Coffee doesn't count as eating something despite what a lot of people think. Grab a banana, an apple or whatever your other favorite food may be.

From that point on, eat small, frequent, well balanced meals. Protein is important. Carbs are needed for energy, but try to limit your carb intake. If you must indulge somewhere, have extra fruits or veggies, not carbs. Don't eat close to bedtime.
    DawnA72

Answer by DawnA72 at 3:47 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• I'd have to agree with mamakirs. Ditch the pb&j. Is there butter or cheese in your veggies? Are you dipping them in salad dressing? This is bad too. Use a low fat dressing for your salads and veggies. Fruits and veggies are great with out anything extra (ie butter on veggie or sugar in canned fruit). Sounds like you might be building muscle from you cardio workout. Muscle weighs more than fat, so might be getting smaller even though the scale doesn't reflect that. Don't expect the weight to come flying off quickly. People who lose weight slow are more likely to keep it off.
    pinkink

Answer by pinkink at 3:54 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• thanks everyone. I clearly need to eat more. I will do that as best i can for another 30 days and see where it leaves me. Talk to ya'll in 30 days! LOL i am gonna do a daily journal though if any one cares to track me. thanks for all the help!!
    SparklesOfAmber

Answer by SparklesOfAmber at 4:11 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• depending on your age, you may need to just jump start your metabolism - that is what i needed to do
    AndreaRUJuiced

Answer by AndreaRUJuiced at 8:04 PM on Nov. 18, 2008