I need help remembering that Im a woman, not a mommy machine.

I dont feel like a woman anymore. I dont feel beautiful, or sexy. I feel like Im nothing more than a mom. Which I LOOOVE being a mommy. I love my daughter with all my heart. But I need some advice on things I can do to make myself feel like me again.

Sherrae

Asked by Sherrae at 3:10 PM on Nov. 18, 2008 in Health

• I know its hard, I have felt that way too, but my husband and I make it a point to try to have a date once a month, then we each have a girls/gus night out with friends, it gives me a chance to dress up, put some makeup on and go out and have a great time. I lack a lot of me time for the most part bc hubby works strange hours so I have to kids pretty much on my own after and before work. Whether you are SAH or full time worker, we all need a break sometimes. I spend my weekends and evenings for my kids...In the evening when they are in bed, and hubby is at work still I relax or go take a shower, do my facials, lotion up, etc.
    a_l_daigle

Answer by a_l_daigle at 3:15 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• It's the little things you need to do. Take some time out and take a long, warm bath.........with bubbles and candles, etc. (Obviously after the wee one goes to sleep or have hubby/SO watch her) Have a day set aside when your SO watches her and you go out with the girls or something. Have a date night with SO and glam up. Little things that make the difference. While it's easier to throw on sweats and a t-shirt, get up and slap on some lip gloss. You don't have to have a full face of make up, and lip gloss will do the trick. Most importantly, take time for YOU!
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 3:16 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• I know how you feel! What makes me feel totally sexy is getting a sitter and going out and buying a nice piece of lingerie to show off to my husband. Also, getting a pedicure, going to cafe alone to read or write or just taking an extra 10 min to do my makeup before I leave the house does wonders for my self worth and self esteem. Do you work out? Exercising on a regular basis does wonders for not only your health, but your sex-esteem (I made that word up!) and self esteem.
    hgibsonorc

Answer by hgibsonorc at 3:17 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• Find a baby sitter and go out for a night, with the rule that you are not allowed to talk about the children. I know it sounds hard, but it is amazing how much it works!
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 3:32 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• I always no matter what get up in the morning ..shower....and put on make up..even if it's only a little...paint my nails...toes....exercise is great too

mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 3:59 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• I'm not sure what your routine is, but if you don't already: get yourself going for the day before your daughter needs you. Shower, get dressed, put on makeup, have a cup of coffee, check your email/read the paper/watch the Today show, whatever! What did "you" do before you had a daughter? Bring that sexy bitch back! :)
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 6:21 PM on Nov. 18, 2008