Ever heard of Ashley Madison?

My husband and I were just watching TV today, feeling happy about our new pregnancy and generally just - good feelings. This commercial came on TV and I was confused. Hubby said "I think it's a dating service like match or something" and rewound. It was a dating service for married people who want to have affairs.

ON A COMMERCIAL! ON TV! I mean, come on!

I would never be interested in that, but I was in such a state of disbelief that we looked it up to see if it was really true. It is true. It says on the site that they are "featured" on some really popular shows.

I am just mortified that this exists, and even more that it's considered normal enough to be in a TV commercial for a mainstream channel.

What do you ladies think?

angelm523

Asked by angelm523 at 10:37 PM on Feb. 17, 2011 in Relationships

• i've heard of it, i guess it works for what it is but personally i think it's trifling
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 10:38 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Mainstream TV. What a mess.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 10:38 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Yes, and it's scary that it's now 'normal' enough to be so normal and be on tv like that. Scary and gross.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 10:39 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Dh and I saw that commercial the other night and we couldn't believe it. How awful! We were in shock.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 10:41 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Some people cheat. Theres a market for everything thats why its out there
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 10:43 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• It's disgusting that there is such a BIG market for that. I hope their buildings burn down. Bwahahahahahahahaha.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 10:45 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I knew about that company. What really bothers me though is there is a company that creates alibis so you can have an affair!

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 10:54 PM on Feb. 17, 2011