How will i know when my daughter is ready to potty train?

wiccanmom20

Asked by wiccanmom20 at 10:44 PM on Feb. 17, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I have heard a lot of people say wait until you see signs of them being interested... dry diapers for longer periods of time..when they let you know if they are wet.. etc.. then start introducing it.. lots of people also say that m&m's work great for rewards when potty training. I am in the same boat.. my son is 16 months .. and i know the day is coming when potty training will start.. but if you are cool and collected.. and let things happen kind of naturally it will be easier on both of you! :) The more you push it while the kiddos are uninterested.. the more frustrated the both of you will get. best of luck.
    kaitilala

Answer by kaitilala at 10:55 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Signs of potty training. I think if they can take their clothes off, put their clothes on that is a start. If they can stay dry for long periods of time. If they can communicate it in some way (though predictability can help). I use to have a checklist that I'd go by, but it's not on this computer. Like the PP said, it'll come naturally so don't push. You can encourage, reward, praise, and not pressure the child into training and it should happen when it happens. My baby is 22 months and we've been on and off with him. He doesn't have all the signs to fully work with it, but we have the potty for him to try at least 3x a day to get him the idea. My 4 yr old is still having training issues so it can definitely take time and patience. G'luck to you.
    Imortlmommy

Answer by Imortlmommy at 6:15 AM on Feb. 18, 2011