I just can't keep doing this anymore.

I'm so tired of fighting with him. I'm so tired. Breaking up with my DS's dad was the best thing I could do for me and DS, but it's so draining. I literally feel tired from all his drama. I keep taking the high road. I give him his mail that he still has sent to my house, I gave him all his furniture back even though it left us with nothing, I let him see DS supervised, and he still attacks me. Just whenever the mood seems to strike, he starts saying nasty things to me. I don't know what to do anymore. I just tired. I know I keep saying that but he just has a way of making me feel like crap. He terrorizes me. I can't be alone, I can't go out alone, every little sound scares me. What can I do to get my life back? I just want to start living my life again.

myree85

Asked by myree85 at 10:45 PM on Feb. 17, 2011 in Relationships

• Tell him if he continues to attack you he will no longer see his son and will need to take you to court
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 10:47 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• He{s a bully, stand up to him. You might not live with him anymore, but he´s still ruling your life!
    Belovedmoonpixi

Answer by Belovedmoonpixi at 10:50 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Is there anyone who would be willing to take your child to a meeting place like the police station or a crowded area so the childs father could pick him up at for visitation so you dont have to be involved in drop off or pick up? Call your local domestic violence shelter they have people you can talk to about feeling scared. If youre worried about him physically hurting you keep a journal on every nasty thing he says or does and take it to he police station have them look through it and see if there is enough for a restraining order. If he is calling you all the time tell him you only will be talking to him about the child or you will hang up on him. You can get through this and have a much happier life.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 11:13 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Perhaps it's time to move and start over again. Quit making this easy on him. I hope your read the posts about refusing his mail and sending it back. You are enabling him not helping him.
    Anonymous

• Hugs. I will send you a private message.. :-)
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 11:33 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I had an ex similiar to this. He gets off on the control. He also takes your kindness for weakness. You need to cut him completely from your life (as much as possible). Stop letting him hold the cards. Take your control back. I know how you feel. It is very tiring and drainging emotionally, but he gets off on this.
    sondaughter312

Answer by sondaughter312 at 12:19 AM on Feb. 18, 2011