First birthday themes/ideas

My babys first birthday is in April. I was just wondering what other moms did for thier childs first birthday. Or if anyone has any ideas they would be much appreciated.

butterfly2880

Asked by butterfly2880 at 10:48 PM on Feb. 17, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My DD's first birthday was spring themed, b/c her bday is on the first day of spring...lots of flowers and butterflies for the decor. This year for her second bday we are doing a 'color theme' - I am decorating w/ primary colors, and I bought a crayon shaped cookie cutter to use to cut fondant for her cake. :)
    cdecker83

Answer by cdecker83 at 10:51 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• We used the website 1stwishes.com and used the jungle theme. I was really happy with the stuff we ordered from there.
    PhoenixsMommy10

Answer by PhoenixsMommy10 at 10:54 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• We had my daughter's party at a local park. I made cupcakes, had some finger food/snacks and that was about it. My husband made a banner that said Happy Birthday using black card stock and pink and purple scrapbooking paper. The table cloths and plates/napkins were pink, white, purple and black dots. My mom was there and then I invited the ladies and kids from our playgroup. It was pretty low key. I specified no presents on the invite, so we did presents at our house later.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:56 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Jungle theme, disney, or sesame street is what i plan on going for my princess bday in may. At a park if weather permits with hotdogs and such :)
    IzysMomma

Answer by IzysMomma at 1:38 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Maybe have it at a park and decorate it with something that your son or daughter likes. If they have a show they like to watch. Maybe do some cupcakes and sandwiches. Honstly I didn't get to have a first birthday for my daughter we were looking for a new place to live. But we did get her a cake. But for her second birthday we did the Dora theme and family came to celebrate with us.
    acruz86

Answer by acruz86 at 6:05 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• We pretty much called our son li'l monster from the day he was born, so he had a "monster" themed party... We had little stuffed monsters as party favors, scattered around the tables, and little monster plates/cake decorations, plus we kept the same colors throughout. We didn't have a huge party though, since that would have only freaked him out, and at 1, they really don't know what's going on anyway. So it was just family and some close friends. It was fun!
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 6:06 PM on Feb. 18, 2011