Hello Leg Cramps!!!

Anyone find a solution to leg cramps/spasms? I'm 20 weeks and the symptom just started maybe 3-4 days ago, but holy hell its waking me out of a dead sleep almost every night, and rubbing isn't working. So far I've noticed walking helps me, but its so frustrating to have to get out of bed at 4am, in the cold, and walk around the house for like 20 minutes. I had the leg cramps with my son too, but that was 5 years ago and although I remember the discomfort I don't remember what I did to relieve it. Any advice is appreciated, I'm willing to try everything to see if something brings relief.

ba13ygrl1987

Asked by ba13ygrl1987 at 11:00 PM on Feb. 17, 2011 in Pregnancy

• try eating a banana at least once a day. i've heard bananas help for lack of potassium which causes leg cramps. hopefully that helps.
    shoot4thestars

Answer by shoot4thestars at 11:33 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Eat a banana every day! I've heard leg cramps can come from a lack of calcium and potassium, so make sure you get enough of those.
    shanapiv

Answer by shanapiv at 9:20 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Will do, tomorrow I'm adding buy bananas to my "to do" list. Thanks :)
    ba13ygrl1987

Comment by ba13ygrl1987 (original poster) at 11:45 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• lack of calcium can cause them, too... sis was made to eath tortillas and cheese (we live in El Salvador... our tortillas are thick patties, and the maize is cooked with lime, so they are full of calcium)
    Belovedmoonpixi

Answer by Belovedmoonpixi at 12:55 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I do eat tons of cheese. I'm not a huge fan of milk, I put it in my oatmeal but I won't just drink a glass. But I eat enough yogurt and cheese to provide for a family of 5 lol. I'll add some chocolate to my milk and try drinking a glass a day too, cause these cramps have got to stop. But I can't just stomach straight milk, even the smell makes me gag. I can tolerate chocolate though. Thanks :)
    ba13ygrl1987

Comment by ba13ygrl1987 (original poster) at 1:03 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• CALCIUM! Take a supplement in addition to your other pre-natals. Growing a baby pulls a lot of calcium out of your system, so you need a lot more in you than you think...
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 5:02 PM on Feb. 19, 2011