Please tell me it's not just me.......(Baby Boy vs Baby Girl)

So I'm pregnant with my 3rd child, my first son, and while shopping for him it seems there's a lot more girl stuff than boy stuff. Does anyone else see this or is it just me? It seems like there's twice the items for girls that there are for boys, not only just clothing but blankets, bibs, burp clothes, boppy pillows, etc. It's like this in stores and online!

Also, does it seem like every item of clothing from newborn to 6 months has some sort of animal, dinosaur, truck, car or sports graphic on it? I never shopped for a boy before so maybe I'm crazy and this is the norm!

Nanixh

Asked by Nanixh at 11:09 PM on Feb. 17, 2011 in Shopping

• OMG Thank You!!!!!!! I've been saying this for years! And its not just stores, when you go to a garage sale I'm telling you it will be 3/4 girl stuff and 1/4 boy, and that's if you're lucky. My BFF and I had our kids at the same time 5 years ago, her a girl and me a boy, and I complained about this CONSTANTLY. It was soooooo annoying, she was always finding stuff for her daughter and I was just tagging along hoping for a pair of pants. I won't even step foot in children's place, its so biased against boys. The store is like 3/4 pink. Now, 5 years later, I'm expecting a girl and that same friend is expecting a boy, and FINALLY she understands how I felt. Her biggest complaint is there's girl stuff everything, clothing, toys, accessories, and nothing for boys. OR if there was boy stuff its sold out. I knew I wasn't crazy!
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 11:13 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I've noticed that, too, and I have a girl. Carters has some cute boy stuff, though. If you have a Carter's outlet near you, you might try there.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 11:13 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Thats funny to me that you don't like the graphics, I love the graphics and always pass over plain clothes except for a few striped polos for church. I do think there are more girl clothes, I think people like to shop for girls more. Although personally I like shopping for boys just as much. But I definatly love all the dinosaurs, cars, animals, etc.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 11:55 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Yes. Far more girl stuff than boy stuff. And every boy item has some ridiculous thing on it. Can they just have a polo shirt? No, it has to have a massive dinosaur on it. Can they just have a plain romper? Nope. Has to have race cars on it.
    fancyjane

Answer by fancyjane at 11:16 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• You are right there a ton of stuff for girls almost none for boys I do not know why I guess because some of us go overboard buying cute clothes for our girls like I do but it should be more things for boys
    gou18

Answer by gou18 at 11:16 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I have noticed it too, I thought it was just me because I have such a yearning for girl. The truck, dinosaurs, animal and sport stuff though is normal for boy items because that is what boys like.

mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 11:20 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I noticed that while I was pregnant, too... and DD is almost 11!
    Belovedmoonpixi

Answer by Belovedmoonpixi at 11:29 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Yes this is true! I was so irritated when I went to buy ds a pair of sunglasses last summer and could not find a pair without some cartoon on them, I just want a normal pair of sunglasses not red with flames and lightening McQueen! But of course there were tons of girls ones. Some with cartoons but a lot without too. That is just one of many times I have noticed that.
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 11:40 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Me and my mom both agree that there is way more stuff out there for girls! I don't understand it!
    PhoenixsMommy10

Answer by PhoenixsMommy10 at 3:14 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Definitely more for girls. Ppl like to dress girls up more and have their pics taken more and things like that.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 4:42 AM on Feb. 18, 2011