Didnt get all my taxes

so on the irs website it says i should recieve my taxes tomorrow in my account. well i just checked my account and less than half of it is there. did anyone else not recieve their full amount when u were suppose to? when did you get the rest of it?

djsmommy13

Asked by djsmommy13 at 11:13 PM on Feb. 17, 2011 in Money & Work

• Did you owe any money to the federal government like for student loand you defaulted on or something like that sometimes they take your taxes if you have a judgement against you.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 11:15 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• It may be a delay in information issue. Like the irs website updates 24/7 it never shuts down, but depending on your time zone your bank may already be closed. The amount showing on your account may have been electronically received before closing time, and the rest will show up in the morning. Is it a pending item, or is the money actually fully deposited and your missing a good portion? If its pending I'd wait and see what happens, if there's truly a large sum missing and everything has moved passed pending contact the IRS.
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 11:18 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• its not pending and the irs website already took 700 dollars from me so now im suppose to get 2200 and i recieved 975.78
    djsmommy13

Comment by djsmommy13 (original poster) at 11:20 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I got curious and searched my refund on the irs website, here's what I found, directly from their site, about your situation.

"On the other hand, if you receive a refund for a smaller amount than you expected, you may cash the check, and, if it is determined that you should have received more, you will later receive a check for the difference. If you did not receive a notice and you have questions about the amount of your refund, wait two weeks after receiving the refund, then call 800-829-1040."
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 11:28 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• i dont understand why they already lowered the amount i should have recieved by 700 dollars for and then i still didnt get the amount they lowered it to
    djsmommy13

Comment by djsmommy13 (original poster) at 12:04 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• ~*LMAO*~... we got back state refund in days!!! I told my husband that since so many people are having issues with federal government, they must be going broke with all the bail outs!!! Hahahaha

My husband litterally called IRS to see what the problem was... and he's trying to shush me while I was telling him to ask the lady if they are going broke.... Hahahaha
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 12:20 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• It could just be an error, they are sending millions of checks a day. People make mistakes and so do computers. Wait 2 weeks and see if the error is corrected, then call and ask. Mocking them solves nothing, and if the money is rightfully yours (you don't owe anything due to judgements) it'll get deposited eventually. The states are dealing with a significantly smaller number of people then the federal agency is, of course they're going to disburse funds quicker then the federal.
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 12:55 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Like stated before if you defaulted on a loan (student loan) they will hold your taxes. If you owe on child support of if someone you filed with owes on these things they will take their money. If indeed it is a mistake double check with the website and/or call to be sure, then have a little patience.
    prissysayshi

Answer by prissysayshi at 2:03 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• The Irs is one federal company i would never get snippy with or they just might really look you over good.And an audit may follow.I'm serious.They have no sense of humor,nor do they appreciate any rudeness.There are so many different ways they can take and use your money if back taxes,default or child support ,even tickets of any kind you bet they will take it.
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 4:28 PM on Feb. 18, 2011