He likes being married but...

Okay what would possess a man to say this, "I like being married to you as long as I don't have to be around you?" Really? Why would you say that to your wife? I'd rather not be loved than have someone say that to me again!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:28 PM on Feb. 17, 2011 in Relationships

• It just means he likes the benefit of being married to you, but does not want to spend time with you. Maybe you two fight all the time, maybe your personalities are not compatible... Who knows. There are lots of factors that could alter the meaning behind this.

But I can tell you three things. One, no one deserves to hear that. Two, you either need to decide to do marital counseling ASAP or three, file for divorce.
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 11:33 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• wow thats messed up. Im sorry you had to hear something like that!
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 11:44 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• You need to tell old buddy, he canot have his cake and eat it too. If he is going to be married to you he has to be around you. So find out what he wants to do.
    sondaughter312

Answer by sondaughter312 at 12:08 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• That's kinda crazy, cause my husband is always off and about and I always tell him "I married you because I WANTED to be around you, not because I wanted to be a single mom with a husband that does whatever he wants".
    Men need to get it together, seriously.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:27 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Sorry you had to hear something like that! I hope you do not put up with that!
    AmyLynn5398

Answer by AmyLynn5398 at 12:28 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• What a butthole! That was very rude of him to say that to you. Without knowing your situation, I'm not sure exactly what more to think of it.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 12:31 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I would stop letting him touch me. I wouldn't do anything for his benefit. No laundry, no cooking, and if he wants to go anywhere besides work, he needs to find a babysitter for your children. You do your thing....and see how he likes it!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:31 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• That was very rude ,disrespectful,and uncalled for every man that marry someone marries them cus they love them and they love there company and they actually want to be around them 24/7 you should sit down with your husband and tell him to explain to you why he made that statement what were yall doing when he said that was he mad or upset about something were yall arguing but seriously have a talk to him .Good Luck .
    alexia_09

Answer by alexia_09 at 12:37 AM on Feb. 18, 2011