False positive chlamydia results?

Has anyone ever had this happen? I have been with my husband for 5 years and I just got this result today in the mail and i'm freaking out. I feel like my life is over. I thought things were perfect and everything was starting to go our way and fall perfectly into place. If he was going to cheat I would have expected it to happen the first 3 years not now...I really don't want to believe it. I don't know what to do and I have no one to talk to because I don't want anyone knowing our business.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:40 PM on Feb. 17, 2011 in Relationships

• I read somewhere 7 of 10 are false
    gonefishin

Answer by gonefishin at 11:43 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• well , if you didnt cheat , he did , no false positives , sorry to hear this for you .
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 11:44 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Also, it was done from my pap test...i'm going back to have a 2nd test and making my husband test. I think it takes 2 weeks to come back so the next 2 weeks will be hell :(

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:44 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• yeah , he needs to be tested , be strong.
    i know what its like to deal with this , be sure if he will test that you see the results yourself.
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 11:50 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• just hang in there. Either you will find out that he is cheating or that it was a false. I will keep you in my prayers. Just stay strong and give him the benifit of the doubt until you know
    arkelly2188

Answer by arkelly2188 at 11:50 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• he swears he never cheats and has no reason to because I fullfill him. Stated I could take his phone track his miles on his car and go with him to test. I dont think I need to be that extreme but I just hope his comes back negative.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:52 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Well lets just hope it comes back negative then & if it doesnt then yoiu know he did something,Sorry, Gl.
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 11:58 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Talk to your doctor about it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:15 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• google how often a false negative happens, it seems very common with the pap test
    gonefishin

Answer by gonefishin at 9:59 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• It can lie dormant for years before you get a positive result

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:20 AM on Feb. 18, 2011