Would you name your child......????

Dh and I have a couple of friends who had their kids taken away years back. One of them has a name we would like to name a future boy(if we have a boy of course). I asked another friend who had the same thing happen if it would bother her if a friend did this and she said it would because there are going to be others who use that name. Btw we have a different spelling from our friend's. I have a specific reason for this name--not being an ass.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:45 PM on Feb. 17, 2011 in Baby Names

• If I liked a name I would name my child that name and not worry about if someone elses had that name or wanted to name a future child that.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 11:48 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• You can name your child whatever you want to name them. You don't need someone's permission.
    Anonymous

• You should name your child whatever you want to name him/her. Its nobody else's opinion but yours that matters, unless your doing it to specifically insult this friend, which you've stated your not. Thousands of child have the same name. My son and my friends soon to be son will have the same middle name, and she picked it because her and her husband like the name, it had nothing to do with me or my child. And I could care less, its her son and her name, she should pick what she likes. And so should you and hubby.
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 11:49 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• First I'd find out if you are going to have a boy and then worry about it then. Why get anyone upset or have hurt feelings over a situation that might never happen?

I personally think you should be able to name your child what you want, esp if it is a very meaningful name to you, and not lose out on a name because of the situation of someone else. However, if you spend a lot of time with your friend, and it is a friendship you want to keep, I would certainly strongly consider her feelings. Good luck.
    SandyHack

Answer by SandyHack at 11:54 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I would, my sis named her dd Natalie, we had a bff who also had a dd named Natalie, she kinda got offended but its not like if my sis was nameing her dd after our bff dd, the girls are now 4&2 & it doesnt matter.
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 11:56 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Your child will be with you longer than your friendship with this couple will be.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 11:59 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• It is what you have chosen. It is what you want. Go for it.
    summerbear

Answer by summerbear at 12:20 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I wouldn't, but that's just me. It's your child, name it whatever you want. But since it is your friend, I would definitely take their feelings into consideration.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 9:53 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• It bothered me, so much when someone would 'steal my name'! But, as time goes on, I realize, they aren't even in my life any longer & it never would have mattered.
    liteofmine71

Answer by liteofmine71 at 9:56 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• i wouldn't unless the reason is something like it being your grandpa's name... in that case go for it. it also depends how close you guys are to them. in the end it's your child
    lashes325

Answer by lashes325 at 10:02 AM on Feb. 18, 2011