What can I do to reduce this pain?

As I sit here in pain tonight wondering about what the results of my ANA will be in the next couple of weeks(suspected Lupus) I have done everything under the sun to try to reduce this pain...tylenol, hot bath, chamomile tea, aleve, ibuprofen and NOTHING is touching the pain. Does ANYBODY have any other suggestions? I'm goin crazy here, I can't get comfortable any any position I switch to. It sucks!

proudmom2510

Asked by proudmom2510 at 11:52 PM on Feb. 17, 2011 in Health

• I would try a sleep aid, because at least it would knock you out!
    SandyHack

Answer by SandyHack at 12:03 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• rub biofreeze into the very painful areas
    ready4baby2011

Answer by ready4baby2011 at 12:08 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I kinda know what lupus is, which is yours? I mean does it affect u everywhere, like arthritis? My DH's best friends's wife has lupus, her doctor has giving her hydrocodone or oxy something, good pain managment! She sometimes gets to be so sore or sooo tired. But when she gets like this, she ends up taking the oxycotin or something. BTW, aleve and IB are the same thing as NSAIDS go, so be careful, or u will end up with kidney or liver problems. Doesn't your doc at least give u any narcotic meds for the tough nights?
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 12:08 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• My pain is alllllll over my body and it's worse in my legs and knees today. I have this awful looking rash on my face and hair is falling out. Also have had reduced appetite, tingling hands and feet, swollen fingers, flaky skin on my head. I just got tested for it today, so I'm not even sure that's what it its but my doc didn't give me any meds for the pain. I got 2 weeks before I even find out if I have it.
    proudmom2510

Comment by proudmom2510 (original poster) at 12:15 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• My mom and my grandmother have Lupus. They had their dr put them on a med called prednazone. It works on the pain and inflamation that comes with lupus.
    ready4baby2011

Answer by ready4baby2011 at 12:15 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• And really tired and I also have hypothyroidism.
    proudmom2510

Comment by proudmom2510 (original poster) at 12:16 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• from what you describe it sounds like lupus. That is all the symptoms my mom and grandmother have.
    ready4baby2011

Answer by ready4baby2011 at 12:16 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I will pray for you because that is a very hard disease.
    ready4baby2011

Answer by ready4baby2011 at 12:17 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Thank you, very much ready4baby2011 :) I really appreciate that. I have been sitting here stewing about it all day. It's been so hard for me to just walk around the house today. Ugh! I don't know if I can wait 2 weeks or not.
    proudmom2510

Comment by proudmom2510 (original poster) at 12:20 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• For the inflamation that you will have with lupus soak in epsome salt. That is as long as you dont have high blood pressure. The epsome salt will help releive some of the pain. I know with my mom and grandmother they can not be in hot places as that throws the lupus in over drive. Try to keep your home if at all possible around 65-70 degrees year round. That seems to help them.
    ready4baby2011

Answer by ready4baby2011 at 12:25 AM on Feb. 18, 2011