What's wrong with my son?!

My son is a year old and he is still not pulling up! he crawls everywhere and he will pull up on his knees. Has anyone else had their child start pulling up this late? Thanks! I put him on his feet all the time and show him how he can pull up...but he just won't do it. Is there anything more I can do?

Krystal.Ingalls

Asked by Krystal.Ingalls at 3:18 PM on Nov. 18, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• All babies hit their milestones in their own time, just talk to the pediatrician about it at his 1 year checkup. If he is hitting everything else he probably just has no need/desire to pull up yet, like if he is plenty entertained on the floor.
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 3:25 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• Sounds like my first child, the doc even said "well stop carying him everywere" that made me mac b/c the only time he got carried was outside due to my bad back. I finally cought him doing it when I wasnt in the room.
    He knew how to do it just not around me, he did the same thing with talking. Strange I know.
    I would suggest put his favorite toy somewere were he would have to pull up to get it. A little insentive. Like on a coffee table just make sure he cant get unless he pulls up. Dont torcher him with it, if he still refuses just every once in a while try it. You could even try a snack.

Oh and I figured out that my first son did it because there wasnt alot of spots in the house in which he could do it. If you dont have anything improvise with a kitchen chair or something
    perksmom

Answer by perksmom at 3:27 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• Just give him some time and just be there when he falls my son done that too like will he ever do it then once they do. And all and there on the run of walking There no stoping them then.. I wish my son was still little his 2 yearold and into everything.......... So just give it some time
    Anonymous