Should i sue my doctor???

ok so about 2 months ago my doctor said i had a bad pregnancy (i was 9 weeks) and give me a pill to have a miscarriage 2 weeks later i went and got a check up to see if everything was ok -- she said everything looked fine i ask her if i had any tissue left inside and she said no to not worried -- well 2 months passed by and i woundnt stop bleeding i asked my doctor if that was ok and she said yes that in between those days i was going to start my period so it was ok-- (me thinking that it was my period)-- last monday i was in the shower and i started bleeding alot and i was passing tissue out i went to the hospital and they said i still had the pregnancy inside so they did a D & C to take everything out -- my mom said i could of died having bad tissue inside for about 2 months-- now im ok but everybody is telling me to sue the doctor -- what do you guys think??

Genesis29

Asked by Genesis29 at 12:35 AM on Feb. 18, 2011 in Health

• I wouldn't sue.

This country is sue happy.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 12:38 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Yes!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:39 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• She was following protocol. Your symptoms matched with what she was telling you. Do you know for sure it was the same pregnancy? Did she do an ultra sound and see nothing then two months later you passed something? It could have been a second spontaneous abortion. I would not sue but you may want to make an appointment to talk through what went wrong so both of you understand everything. If you do all that and find that your doctor was negligent then you would have a case. There are just so many things that can cause each symptom in a person it's not fair to sue each time something turns out badly. I'm sorry you are going through this.
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 12:49 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• You cannot sue because Simplicity thinks everybody sues too much.

That decomposing tissue could have caused sepsis or calcified into a mass which could have lead to major health problems, and both can be fatal, so yes, I would sue. It will teach them to pay more attention in the future. Doctors are too flippant these days, and they need to be reminded that they are dealing with human beings that are fragile.
    charliebean

Answer by charliebean at 12:49 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

I stated my opinion.  If she wants to sue, she has that right. 

Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 12:52 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• yes sue em ...i think you have grounds
    babie113

Answer by babie113 at 1:01 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• How do you know it was a bad pregnancy? What exactly did the doctor say when you first went and they gave you a pill to take? If it was me, I would have went to another doctor for a second opinion. You could have bled to death. I definitely wouldn't recommend anybody else to go to the doctor you went to. You can sue for malpractice. But remember, it's your decision.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 1:09 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• they did a ultrasound and said that i was fine that there was no need for a D & C that the pill was working good-- i guess not ... when i went to hospital they did another ultrasound and they said that it show alot of tissue and the blood test said i was still 12% pregnant
    Genesis29

Comment by Genesis29 (original poster) at 1:09 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• the baby didnt had a heart beat!!
    Genesis29

Comment by Genesis29 (original poster) at 1:11 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I would totally sue for that!!! What if you did die or something really major happened... that is there job to make sure that you are healthy and that everything is going good.. Honestly it sounds like a dirty Doctor to me... I would be so angery about it..
    Navymommy1

Answer by Navymommy1 at 1:15 AM on Feb. 18, 2011