How long do organic eggs last?

I have generic organic 100% cage free eggs and I was just wondering how long they lasted. I have had them for a few weeks and cooked egg sandwiches with them 1 1/2 weeks ago. The carton say to use by Feb. 7th so I just smeLled them, shook them, and did a general examination and they seem fine to me. Just the same as when I originally got them. So I was just wondering how long they last because I am making a cake for my son's 1st birthday tomorrow and I need 3 eggs. Should I go buy another carton or are the ones I have still good? Thanks in advance!

CalebsMommy0220

Asked by CalebsMommy0220 at 12:47 AM on Feb. 18, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Do the water test. Fill a bowl with water. If an egg floats, toss it (air has seeped through the shell).

I have used organic eggs a month past the sell by date, without problems

Answer by rkoloms at 8:49 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Eggs in general last about the same time-it depends on when the hen laid them and how soon they were refrigerated afterward. If you crack the egg open and the yolk is not firm-and the whites run watery I would say they are past their prime and I don't use them at that point.
    confused969

Answer by confused969 at 7:06 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Okie dokie thank you very much guys.
    CalebsMommy0220

Comment by CalebsMommy0220 (original poster) at 3:11 PM on Feb. 18, 2011