MY DH WANT TO GIVE MY STEP SON OUR OLD KITCHEN TABLE

I was planning on selling it for 300 or so. BUT my dh wants to help his son out bc i guess him and his wife dont have a table.( nOT MY FAULT). HOW WOULD YOU HANDLE THIS. ? my step son is broke so he can pay us nothing... he hasnt asked for the table. its my dh that wants provide him the hand out.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:55 AM on Feb. 18, 2011 in Relationships

• I would give to him.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 12:57 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I'd give the kid the table... family is family... you help when you can!! It's NOT a hand out... that's what family does for each other!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 12:58 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• If my kids needed something I would give what I could to them. I would say give him the table unless you absolutely need the money or he and his wife are always taking things and not doing anything for themselves. If they are just down on their luck and having a rough time, why not give it to them?
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 1:02 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• You sound like my mom when talking about my step sister. My mom would give me anything but feels like it would be a handout to give anything to my sister. You could be completely different but please be careful not to be like my mom. He's still your son. You don't need the table, your son could. It would be an easy fix that would be completely helpful to your son.
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 1:05 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• give him the table my parents gave my husband furniture all the time it was a rareity that we got anything new . i appreciated everything we got
    stressedoutgran

Answer by stressedoutgran at 1:14 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Sell it!... Maybe you and dh can come up with alittle money to help out...idk GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 1:23 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Wow. I guess it alk depends on how the son treats things, how he/they help themselves, and how much he would appriciate the gift.
    Ebuttens

Answer by Ebuttens at 1:37 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• WOW. you sound like a total B!@^* its his son.. and they NEED something.. i would hate to be related to you.. or even know you since i couldnt be friends with someone so dang selfish.
    Ross2010

Answer by Ross2010 at 1:32 PM on Feb. 18, 2011