Is it bad that i crave pickle juice ?

i'm currently 10 weeks pregnant and lately ive been wanting to drink pickle juice but is it bad for the baby i dont know why i want it ..it just taste so good especially when its like really cold i just wanna chug it lol but i dont cus i have no idea if its bad for the baby have any of you ladies experience this .thanks.

alexia_09

Asked by alexia_09 at 12:56 AM on Feb. 18, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Eating Pickle or pickle juice is really fine. But too much of it is harmful for you as it can create acidity in the long run specially in late pregnancy. Too much of vinegar can prove to be harmful to the baby though. so avoid tooo much of it. a little is just fine. your baby will over a period of time develop a taste for it :) and It depends on your body. Pickle juice is really salt, so if you have HIGH blood pressure, it is not safe. But other than that, you should be fine.....and to be on the safe side talk to your doctor about it to
    Jaylynsmommy

Answer by Jaylynsmommy at 1:23 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• that's how i am. but i hate pickles. try freezing it like a popsicle (SO GOOD). just make sure you drink a lot of water so yall don't get dehydrated.
    ilovemymonsterr

Answer by ilovemymonsterr at 2:34 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• There's a specific deficiency that makes you crave pickle juice, and I'm wracking my brain trying to remember which one. Let me Google it.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:57 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Very high in sodium, but if your BP is fine I don't see what the harm is in having some every now and then. I wouldn't glug a whole jar in one day though! Be sure and mention it to your doctor the next time you go see him/her. I craved brussel sprouts and chocolate milk shakes. Weird. lol
    mollyj96

Answer by mollyj96 at 3:03 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Okay, so nothing consistent is coming up. Everything from vitamin D to potassium to calcium. But make sure you're taking your prenatals, because all that sodium isn't good for you. Drink plenty of water to balance it out, too.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:04 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I had the same craving with my son everything turned out fine i sure as long as your not drinkin a gallon a day its fine lol.
    Destins_Mommy

Answer by Destins_Mommy at 4:17 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• A lot of ladies crave pickle juice! Everything is fine as long as you dont have gallons of it lol
    shanapiv

Answer by shanapiv at 9:13 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• i love pickles and pickle juice but especially now that im pregnant but definitely drink water along with it to reduce the sodium intake and acidity....try drinking it in a small cup and then forgetting about the jar and drinking water the rest of the day..i had to do that and remembered it a couple of days later but i am sooooooo still feeling that craving i even order extra pickles on everything
    ahsot1230

Answer by ahsot1230 at 1:24 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Beware of drinking the entire bottle of pickle juice! I did it once as a kid, and my breath was RANCID for about three days later from all that junk just festering in my stomach.

If you want something when you're pregnant, go for it! (in moderation of course!)
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 5:00 PM on Feb. 19, 2011