How long did you have to wait to have sex after a miscarriage? adult content

I hate this waiting crap but I can feel it would still be painful a week after passing naturally.  I'm not trying to get pregnant but I do want to be intimate with my husband again. 

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:02 AM on Feb. 18, 2011 in Relationships

• You have to go with your gut. Most doctors recommend between a week and two weeks. From what I can tell most of us waited about a week to 10 days. BUT if you think it would be painful you have to trust your body. Sometimes though its more important to have the intimacy that you get from sex just to help with the healing process but if its going ot be painful or potentially harmful then abstain. I waited 10 days and it was definitely tender but not painful as it would hav ebeen any sooner. Also the farther along you were the more it affects you so you may have to wait longer to be AOK. Sorry, I know waiting sucks. Hugs!
    GoldenLinds

Answer by GoldenLinds at 1:41 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• When I had mine the doctor told me as soon as i was done bleeding that I was good to go. With my m/c I naturally passed everything, if you didn't that may make a difference.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:05 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Well mine was severe. I had to go on bc to control the bleeding because it just would not stop. I as told to have 2 normal periods before I could try again. I conceived on the first try. Apparently from what I understand, you are more likely to get pregnant right ater a miscarriage.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 2:14 AM on Feb. 18, 2011