When you have an anovulatory cycle do you count the anovulatory bleeding as the start of the next cycle?

Haven't ovulated since miscarriage yet (m/c happened 5 weeks ago) but I did start having light pink/brown bleeding the was stop and go for 7 days. Most of the time I didn't need a pad or tampon because it never reached my panties. Only twice in 7 days did I had enough bleeding to fill half a tampon.

I talked to the doctor and the said it was probably my first post-miscarriage period (obviously it wasn't a true period since I didn't ovulate).

Anyways do I count this bleeding as the beginning of my cycle?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:02 AM on Feb. 18, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• Well, unfortunately all bets are off after a miscarriage. How are you tracking your cycles now? Take note everyday of how much and when you bleed and I would highly recommend you start using a basal tracking system if you don't already as its the best way to detect anovulatory cycles. Personally I would go ahead and use those days as you would any other cycle and start counting from there but realize that it could be wrong. Its really hard to judge until you have had an ovulatory cycle after your m/c. Once that has ahppened then yes I would count the bleeding as the start of a new cycle.
    GoldenLinds

Answer by GoldenLinds at 1:38 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I chart CM, CP and BBT. That's how I know it's annovulatory.

Thanks for the info.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:08 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Yes. First day of period bleeding means first day of a new cycle, regardless of ovulation.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 4:54 PM on Feb. 19, 2011