So irritating what if this happen to you?

My itch of a sister is mad at me cause I can't come to her baby shower she thinks I am lying about my son being the hospital. She only cares about her shower and didnt even k how my son is. Oh to top that off she pit put it on her fb that I am messed up and lying about it. I am not doing shit for her ever again! I can't stand my shit family. That only people that matter in my life is my husband and children. My son has RSV.

What would you do? If your sister did this to you?

Claudiomom

Asked by Claudiomom at 1:25 AM on Feb. 18, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have family like that as well (most people do I think lol) and I personally just try to ignore them and keep distance. I don't need assholes in my life, even if we are blood. Maybe it's a bit extreme, but I'd say BUH BYE and forget about her shower.
    Blue_Spiral

Answer by Blue_Spiral at 1:39 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I wouldn't go to her shower nor would I get her a gift. Your son is your number 1 priority, not her.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 1:49 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I would do exactly what you have done, which is to tell her: Sorry, can't come. My child needs me more than your party guests. And just remember what comes around goes around. If she is that self centered and thinks that little of you, then you need to either have a hear to heart talk with her, or trim the branches off the family tree a bit.
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 1:56 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• why would you lie about that?? your right your family is priority meaning your husband and son. If she doesnt understand that then she needs to grow up a little before that baby does come. My sister didnt come to either of my showers..first one she couldnt get off work second she was worried about going into labor herself lol I must say it hurt my feeling that she didnt make it but I was never mad bcuz I understood the situation..hopefully your sister will come around..and yes everyones family is dysfunctional ;)
    socalikim

Answer by socalikim at 2:09 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Yeah, that would definitely piss me off! You can't change her. It sounds like she's a very self-centered person, and that's just how she is. Focus on your son, and try to put your energy into being there for him. I hope he feels better soon!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:27 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I would have to say if my imaginary sister (I only have brothers) did that to me, when she had the baby I would be waiting at the hospital to punch her in the face.
    PhoenixsMommy10

Answer by PhoenixsMommy10 at 3:08 AM on Feb. 18, 2011