Tattoos and such...

Am I the only momma out there with tatoos and a tongue ring??? I feel like theres a specific way you are supposed to appear in order to be takin seriously as a Mother. Any other mommas out there who arent hopping into Brady Bunch clothing every morning?

IzysMomma

Asked by IzysMomma at 1:43 AM on Feb. 18, 2011 in General Parenting

• I have a tattoo but I am not into piercings and such. But that is just me. As long as you take care of your kid(s) why should anyone else care what tattoos or piercings you have?
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 1:46 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Frankly, I think the tattoos and piercings definitely give a certain statement about choices one makes in life and sometimes the person's status in life. The do affect image and people judge others, that is fact. On the other hand, I know that they do not affect whether a person is a decent, capable mother or a respectable person.
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 1:51 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I have a tattoo and the regular double lobe ear piercings, that is all. I don't like tongue rings and I plan on getting at least 3 more tattoos, I have no problem with being "taken seriously"
    Momma_Forever

Answer by Momma_Forever at 2:10 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I do not have any tattoos and probably won't but I am far from brady bunch! I look like I suppose to at 23. I like looking hip and it will be that way for a while! One thing though I will never dress like is slutty! Oh and I had 5 piercings in my ears but now I have 2.
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 2:15 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I think tattoos, maybe not piercings, but tattoos are definitely becoming more acceptable. I have 8 tattoos and have gone through tons of piercings and I've never once felt that people looked at me like a bad mom. I work with children and I was afraid that getting a job would be hard with tattoos and a nose ring but it's becoming more mainstream.
    dbodani

Answer by dbodani at 2:16 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• These days, I think I more and more mamas have tats and piercings. I have 3 tats, and I have friends with tats and piercings, and no one seems to judge them for them. That said, I also live in a pretty liberal area of the country.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:23 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I have an ankh on my spine, a medic alert tattoo on my wrist cause of my diabetes, and a 3 hour geisha and mountain lion on my right side.
    If people don't take me seriously, then that is their loss, and their sad judgement.
    Piskie

Answer by Piskie at 3:08 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I have a very large tattoo on my back and I'm currently working on designs for two more. I don't think you have to look like some Stepford Wife to be a good mother.
    ShaunnaMichelle

Answer by ShaunnaMichelle at 5:59 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Just call me Carol!

Answer by missanc at 8:54 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I don't have either but I don't see anything wrong with having them. My wardrobe changed to be more Mommy like because of my body changes. I see plenty of Momma's wearing tattoos and tongue rings.
    hotelmom123

Answer by hotelmom123 at 3:17 PM on Feb. 18, 2011