Marijuana??

My husband is obsessed with marijuana..hes a hard worker,loves me and the boys but often gets in his own world about weed..constantly online reading about different stuff or doing his business..some days it gets on my nerves to the max,some days it doesn't bother me. He told me in the beginning he wouldn't stop doing it but back then being kids it was like whatever but now with two kids and being all grown..well I thought it would be different:( Hes a very good,honest,loyal man and we've talked about this is issue several times and he says he will cut back and does for like a week then its back on the same old grind. Not sure what to do anymore bcuz I love him but I just don't want him to be a hippie lol hes very intelligent..now that I vented..any other mommies have this dilemma??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:43 AM on Feb. 18, 2011 in Relationships

• I am sure if my husband was not in the Navy he would be smoking, I think it is disgusting!!! Smoking anything...yuck. But anyway, does he do it around your kids? I would just point out to him, you don't like him doing it all the time. You will never be able to make him stop but for you and the kids you wish he would cut back.
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 1:48 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Does he have a prescription for it? All the people I know that do it have one for many stupid reasons.(A LOT are made up to!) but if he does atleast it something to ease your mind about not getting into any legal problems. It must really bother you since you asked this question. Maybe you should talk to him about how it is eating at you. If he can't stop for you maybe he is addicted. I have seen people addicted to it they won't stop for nothing.
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 1:50 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I agree it is disgusting!
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 1:51 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Not big on smoking either but I did it before my first boy..he doesnt do it around them..no way I would allow that but he will go on "walks" when were out at the park or beach and sneak off. I just feel like he needs that first then us after and weve talked about this several times..too many actually
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:52 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Hard worker and intelligent or not, I would not allow that in my home. He needs help.
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 1:53 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• yes he has a perscription..ADHD was his medical purposes so it it legal for him
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:54 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• weed is just a way of living for some people. I know it sounds weird, but I guess it's because I come from the hippiest of the hippy areas, Northern Cali right by the coast. But even though weed is medically legal and even when used illegally doesn't mean any jail time or fines, I still think there are limits

If your spouse has an issue with it you need to stop.
    If you have said you will stop or cut back to a certain amount and you don't maybe you should consider that there are other issues and you have a problem.
    If it is interfering with your life in general you need to quit.

I personally would give a final warning and after that, couples counseling. Obviously he either has an addiction issue, some type of stress issue, or he just doesn't care. Get to the bottom of it.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 1:54 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• If he is a kind, loyal, hardworking man, u love him, and he isn't any different when hes high..why would u want him to change? You knew he smoked when u 2 got together, and he told u then he wasn't gonna stop, but u choose to stay with him. It not his fault if u had thought he would change, or u could change him. He told you upfront. Could be worse, at least he isn't an alcoholic. The only thing is if he is going out and buying the stuff, and he happens to go to a house the cops are watching,its his ass. Or if is selling out of the your house and a undercover cop buys from him, not only will he go to prison, u will to, lose the kids. Worst case is if u live in a state that has a "mandatory minimum" law, u could get up to 20 yrs. The state I used to live in had such a law. A man was living with a woman in her house and he was selling pot and got caught. He got a deal cause he knew names,he gets 6 yrs.>>>>>>>
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 2:08 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• She couldn't give a good info, she got 20yrs, and lost her kids. This was also made into a movie too, based on these facts.
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 2:09 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• You can't change someone who is honest up front and tells you how he is. My DH is a heavy pot smoker. I do it too though so I can't say anything. I love him, he's a great man that loves his family, works hard and takes car of us, he's responsible, so the weed part doesn't matter.
    HKing01

Answer by HKing01 at 10:45 AM on Feb. 18, 2011