recently eighteen, have a 3 1/3 month old, and am pregnant again?!

i still live with my parents, and don't make much money. i want to move in with my boyfriend who makes $9 an hour. i'm just scared what my parents will think, i don't want them to be mad at me.
is there anyway i can get help getting an apartment for cheap, or help getting a better job before the baby gets here?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:26 PM on Nov. 18, 2008 in Pregnancy

• You are 18...why would your parents be mad at you for wanting to move out? And you have already been through the whole pregnancy, will they be mad at me thing, and I assume since you are still living there the first time around went OK, do you have a reason to think it would be any different this time?
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 3:28 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• I think it may be a bit harder to find assistance right now, but you won't know unless you try! I don't know what kind of things there are in your area. Someone help me out: would Planned Parenthood have resources for helping young parents?

Right now would be an excellent time to get at least a temporary job: places are all hiring for the holidays! Don't delay, though, because those jobs are going fast and let a lot of people go in January, they won't be hiring again for awhile! Even if it's only for a little while, it's still some extra money in your pocket, and it'd be short term, so if you hated the job, you'd only have to put up with it for a month or two.
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 3:32 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• And while your parents might not be mad, they also might not be wild about the idea of you moving out. $9 an hour is not much for a guy, pregnant woman, and a 3 1/2 month old to live on! Think about the quality of life for your little ones first. Though you might not like being under their roof, it may be what's best for the babies right now. Good luck!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 3:34 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• depending on where you live given your situation you should get assistents pretty easy with finding a apt and so on. i do see why your parents would be mad at you. good luck and congrats
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 3:35 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• I moved out when I was 17 and I thought it was hard then....I'm 19 now my husband works 70 hrs a week makes $12 per hour regular & $18 overtime..we'll have our first son soon but we are barely gettin bills paid now....not tryin to scare ya but it's hard serouisly....there are apartments that go upon income and you could always try food stamps and wic...but you also have to include all the other random things...more food, insurance, car payment utilies(sp)...enteratinment like phone tv etc...theres alot to think about..if your parents are stilling willing to help you let them but i would say go for it if you think you can make it..I don't think your parents would be mad just really worried about ya'll...GOOD LUCK!!!!
    rebel07

Answer by rebel07 at 3:37 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• I'm 19 have a 28m old a 11m old and I'm 8m pregnant. I haven't lived with my mom since I got pregnant with me first. I live with my SO who is the only one working he makes the same amount as your BF and we make it.We dont live in gov housing.We rent a house and we pay our bills and support our children. So I say do what you want to do. You really dont need to care about what your parents think and if they will be mad at you. If your BF is someone you can trust to help take care of the kids then go live with him you should be anyway. As for a job go get one with some place like wal-mart needing holiday help and dont tell them your pregnant til after you get the job but if it just for the holidays then it really shouldnt matter.
    Anonymous

• Personally, I think that you really need to take a minute and think things through. Babies are very expensive. Who is going to take care of your baby while you are working? If you put it in day care, chances are the money you are making at your job is just going to cover the cost of daycare!! Apartments (you more than likely have to pay a deposit) with electric (that might not be heat so you might have to pay for oil) water, furninshings, etc are very expensive. Before you decide to move out you need to save some money. I think you need to sit down with your parents and tell them outright what you want to do. Are you worried that they are going to be mad at you for being pregnant again so soon? Or for wanting to move out? Please hun, before you make a move just make a money plan!!
    Anonymous

• Moving out and babies are expensive! I definitely agree with a pp... make a plan/ budget before you move! And it would be a good idea to start thinking now about what kind of birth control you plan to use after your baby is born. You are at the most fertile time of your life! Gook luck, and I hope the conversation goes well with your parents!
    herwitsend

Answer by herwitsend at 4:58 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• You are an adult now. Having babies makes you one. You need to be mature about your decision. Make sure its best for you and your babies. Get some birth control!
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 6:40 PM on Nov. 18, 2008