Accidental stealing?? Would you believe it?

Watching a cop show. A girl claims she tried on a sweater and forgot to take it off! She was arrested and made bail. Now I have heard of people forgetting to pay for something and take it back to the store before but I think it is hard for people to believe others about "forgetting about an item" Would you believe the girl?

momavanessa

Asked by momavanessa at 1:57 AM on Feb. 18, 2011 in Just for Fun

• HAHAHAHAHA...............This is SO funny! I went to an outdoor sale at Boscov's with my friend, James. I walked around and looked at a bunch of stuff. Well, I was ready to leave and as I'm walking toward the exit, James says to me "Are you going to pay for those towels?" LMAO!!! I had completely forgotten about the towels draped over my arm with my purse and my coat! So it IS possible!! I had absolutely no intention of stealing.............I sincerely just forgot! Thank God James was with me..........or I may have been arrested! Sometimes, we are just distracted!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 2:03 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I guess its possible but not likely.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 1:59 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• No, I would not believe that.
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 2:03 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• LOL I agree sometimes you do get distracted!
    momavanessa

Comment by momavanessa (original poster) at 2:09 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Yeah! It has happened to me. I went to this store..tried a bracelet on and walked out with it. Didn't realized I had it on until I was in the car..I was too embarassed to return it.
    youngmm

Answer by youngmm at 2:12 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• It does happen. When I worked for Victoria's Secret, a woman came back because she had tried on some panties and accidentally left them on. She was setting off the sensors at other stores, and finally figured it out! She was very apologetic, and we all got a good laugh out of it. Most of the time, theft is certainly intentional, but accidental theft happens here and there.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:43 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Sounds like a lame excuse to me. But one time I saw my doctor in the drugstore, and we were talking and walked out together, and we were half way across the parking lot when he swore, and said he didn't pay for the 6 pack of beer he was carrying, and started running back to the store, and later he told me all he could think of was having his photo on the front page of the paper with headlines Local Doctor Caught Shoplifting, so I guess it could happen.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 10:46 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• no
    WildCat73

Answer by WildCat73 at 2:52 PM on Feb. 18, 2011