BV during 1st trimester

I had posted not too long ago about vaginal discharge. Someone had posted that it sounded like BV (Bacterial Vaginosis). After looking up what that was, and how serious it could be, I went to the ER to make sure everything was fine. They did tests and told me everything was looking fine, but two days later, they called me back and said I had BV.

If anyone else has had BV, do you remember what the doctor prescribed to you? After it was treated, did the pregnancy continue healthy? Did BV ever come back during your pregnancy after it was treated once?

With my first pregnancy, I know I had an infection, but it was never determined what infection it was. I am now more than ever convinced that I had BV with that pregnancy, and that is why I went into pre-term labor at 19.5 weeks. If anyone is having any kind of discharge different from normal, please make sure you get screened for BV. It can cause pre-mature labor, late miscarriage, and low birth weight babies. I have definitely learned my lesson, and I am SO happy someone posted about BV on here!!

ajfoster88

Asked by ajfoster88 at 2:15 AM on Feb. 18, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I had it with my first yes I believe they gave me metroondizal something along that spelling lol. Pregnancy went fine as well as delivery. It will all be ok seeings as you caught it soon!
    Destins_Mommy

Answer by Destins_Mommy at 4:10 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I think they give you antibiotics. Good thing you caught it early!
    shanapiv

Answer by shanapiv at 9:12 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• i was told i had a bacterial infection but they didnt tell me what it was..they gave me an antibiotic though..glad they caught it early for you
    ahsot1230

Answer by ahsot1230 at 1:18 AM on Feb. 19, 2011