How do you sleep when you're pregnant?

I really need a new mattress. I wake up feeling so sore and my back is usually killing me. We have a tempur pedic topper but it's 3 years old and I don't think it's helping make our mattress more comfortable. My husband and I are getting a new mattress, what do you recommend? I have THE HARDEST time sleeping during pregnancy, and I really just want to be comfortable at all costs. We're even going to get one of those ugly lazy boy recliners, just so I can be comfortable. lol How do you sleep while you're pregnant and how comfortable are you?

pixiestix21

Asked by pixiestix21 at 2:35 AM on Feb. 18, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I'm a stomach sleeper, and I managed to do it throughout my pregnancy. I used a body pillow and other pillows to keep comfortable with my growing belly. Make sure your new mattress is supportive, and designed for people who sleep the way the two of you do normally. Pillows are a godsend when you're pregnant! Don't be afraid to stock up to get comfy. I slept the best I've ever slept during my third trimester. Between being tired and finding ways to be comfortable, I swear a bomb wouldn't have woken me up!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:40 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• The way I had to sleep was on my side/stomach with one knee up to my stomach and the other straight. I have continued to sleep in that position 3 years after having baby. I suggest a Serta mattress. I've always had them last awhile. A good mattress should last you 8 years. I suggest also letting the mattresss air out for at least 24 hours outside because there are fumes and chemicals in a new mattress from a factory that are not good to breathe in.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 2:44 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Pillows, pillows, pillows! I always slept with one between my knees; it helps keep your hips and back aligned. I didn't normally have a problem sleeping (except for the middle of the night bathroom breaks) until the last 3 weeks or so of my pregnancy. Then the recliner was my BFF. lol Good luck to you!
    mollyj96

Answer by mollyj96 at 2:55 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I used to sleep on my side with a body pillow between my legs and I would set my large belly on the pillow. It made me feel much more comfortable lol.
    dragonqueen

Answer by dragonqueen at 3:00 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I have to sleep with a body pillow between my knees or I wake up with my hips killing me!!! I usually lay on my side I miss laying on my stomach!!!!
    michellesgirls2

Answer by michellesgirls2 at 11:20 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• body pillow's do awsome!! plus if your doc will let you you can take tynole pm
    Tarrahs2011

Answer by Tarrahs2011 at 12:00 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I have the Boppy pregnancy pillow that I used my first pregnancy and I use it now too. It really does help to be more comfortable, but I still toss and turn ALL night. It is mostly from baby kicking and punching me so much! It is hard to sleep when there is a party going on inside you. But like others have said, lots of pillows do make a difference!
    Blakesmommy0907

Answer by Blakesmommy0907 at 1:44 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Im about 4 months withmy 2nd so I havent slept on it all big yet lol but y memory foam bed is pretty comfy test one out at the store. I didint have the same bed with my first pregnanvcy so im not to sure..
    Destins_Mommy

Answer by Destins_Mommy at 4:07 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I don't. Lol. I need a body pillow or something.
    shanapiv

Answer by shanapiv at 9:11 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I usually have to sleep on my left side or if i'm on my right side I have to have my left leg on my SO's hip. Otherwise I'm completely uncomfortable. Still really haven't solved this one myself
    AshleyMarie88

Answer by AshleyMarie88 at 2:38 AM on Feb. 19, 2011