Anyone ever start their own business?

I am considering opening a vintage thrift store. I have been thinking about it for a long, long time and I was wondering if anyone has ever sold vintage or any other type of store. I would consider selling online, but would really love to have a store front. I am just starting to look into it so I am not sure how well vintage is selling and what not but was wondering if anyone has any input?

dbodani

Asked by dbodani at 2:50 AM on Feb. 18, 2011 in Money & Work

• I had seen in a magazine a few months ago about an online vintage store that offered a made up story of that piece's past history. I thought that was neat. Have you checked out the cm group Mommy Movers and Shakers? They could help you with lots of advice from legal to pricing. Good Luck!
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 8:11 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I think it is the "in" thing now so go for it :o)
    alyssamal

Answer by alyssamal at 10:36 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Before you do anything, be sure to do market research and write a business plan.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:57 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Please do your homework that is the one business that is booming right now .we have had 3 open in the last month and we already have 4.Some specialize in baby stuff and others are everything.Make sure your location is not near any others and as hotmamam330 said write your plan out completely.Good luck.
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 4:24 PM on Feb. 18, 2011