Weaning?

How do I go about weaning my 1 year old? (no hate please I don't want to hear how I need to breastfeed her till she's 3). I plan on pumping and giving her breast milk in a sippy still.

ibelayni

Asked by ibelayni at 3:02 AM on Feb. 18, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Try eliminating one bf session every 3 days or so until there are no more. The sooner you wean the easier it will be because dd will remember it as she gets older and want to use it as comfort.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 3:07 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I would start by giving her the cup except for when she's going to bed/nap. Then when she's used to that, only give the cup. I had to stop my son all at once (but he was on formula).
    PhoenixsMommy10

Answer by PhoenixsMommy10 at 3:05 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Drop one feeding per week till gone, starting with her least preferred. Distract and delay. Expect the bedtime feeding to go last, and don't expect her to cooperate.

Answer by gdiamante at 10:32 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I totally agree with SweetLoveofmine and qdiamante....i weaned my sons in both of those ways...i think it was more difficult for me to accept than for them.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 4:27 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Yup. One feeding per week is best, next to child led. Or, don't offer, don't refuse is another good method.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 9:43 PM on Feb. 18, 2011