Do u think moms are naturally more attached to their kids because they carried them for 9 months in the womb ?

gwen20

Asked by gwen20 at 4:13 AM on Feb. 18, 2011 in General Parenting

• Versus? In adoption, you can build that bond but of course once the child is born and if you've been carrying it for 9 months the bond is going to be stronger than if you're meeting the child for the first time.

In regards to other peoples children, I don't pay much attention to them. I love my daughter and she is mine, and I don't involve myself directly into other childrens lives. I don't see the point, so maybe I am just attached because I carried her... or maybe I just don't see it as my business to really get to know other children at this point.
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 4:16 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• versus the dad
    gwen20

Comment by gwen20 (original poster) at 4:17 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• No, not really. The Dad is still there and should be very much involved. But I guess it'd depend on how much the father included himself. Did he go to prenatal classes and appointments? Did he touch the tummy and feel it move? Did he "dig" the pregnancy? Every guy is different.
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 4:19 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I think its the estrogen plus carrying for 9 months. I was attatched the whole 9 months with both kids but when they were born it was like a new wave of attatchment came over me. I think women are designed to love their kids like crazy.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 4:20 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Daddy's got his girls, mommy's got her boys lol. I had PPD with my first and she grew up to be JUST like me...so we buck heads a lot and she's still a Daddy's girl. I don't know if it's because I carried them though. I think if they needed me more and I was there. I stay home with them...all four and still, the bonds are about the same. Baby gets babied...first boy was pampered...2nd girl was more...me being aware of how to parent...first one...was the starter lol. I bonded with them just as much as their Daddy does. He works and is out of the house for a lot longer so I dunno...maybe I should ask this to hubby lol.
    Imortlmommy

Answer by Imortlmommy at 4:36 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I think what happens to a woman during pregnancy does make them more empathetic to what a baby feels. Think about it, first we can't stop puking, peeing and eating, we move on to not being able to walk properly and eventually, we're screaming and crapping on a table in front of 27 people. Sounds a lot like a baby's life, right?
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 8:02 AM on Feb. 18, 2011