Did either of your parents have "the sex talk" with you growing up, or even mention anything about it?

SweetLoveofMine

Asked by SweetLoveofMine at 4:36 AM on Feb. 18, 2011 in General Parenting

• Nope - not at all.. I didn't even know what tampons were- My mom didn't flush one once - I came out screaming from the bathroom - I thought it was a mouse ( she never even told me it was not a mouse) I was probably about 11 at the time,
    misskimmy62

Answer by misskimmy62 at 5:09 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• No back in the old days parents didn't tell you much. While riding my wooly mammoth home from school the smart girl down the street filled me in about everything.
    chgomom

Answer by chgomom at 5:33 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Wow, I am shocked so many of you're parents didn't. My mom did, I think I was about 9 or 10, but we were going through our first sex ed. type course in 5th grade.
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 5:53 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• embarrassed minino. both my parents were prudes unfortunately. so silly of them because they had me!! sex was not a new topic/act to them................

gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 4:40 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• My mom and I had a pretty open dialogue about sex while I was growing up. Same for my brother, and even between he and I, we've always talked fairly openly about it. I think it's really important to talk to your kids honestly about sex. I think it's part of why I've always used birth control and never had an STD. I always knew I could tell my mom when I had a pregnancy scare or if anything happened, and I want my kids to feel the same way.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 4:40 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• No, they never did.
    Ashes0813

Answer by Ashes0813 at 4:45 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• no
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 6:42 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• nope.
    DMac08

Answer by DMac08 at 7:03 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• No they didn't, I was left at the mercy of my older sisters to find out anything about it and that was not the way it should have been.
    solosmom84

Answer by solosmom84 at 7:35 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• My dad is so shy & backwards he would have died if he would have to have that talk, but yes to answer your question my mom did have the talk with me and so did my grandma, and my aunt.
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 8:08 AM on Feb. 18, 2011