What do u think about men getting spousal support ?

combing

gwen20

Asked by gwen20 at 5:13 AM on Feb. 18, 2011 in Relationships

• Since I know men that are SAHD and women that cheat and cause divorce I have no issues about it. If he is handling all the responsibilites at home and theres a divorce just as a mom would need temporary support so would a man. As long as they arent abusing the right to the support, then again a woman can abuse that right as well.
    chgomom

Answer by chgomom at 5:23 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• depends on the situation
    c'mon we always ask them for it most of the time i think that some men do deserve nothing but there are the select few that are the really good ones
    Amanda11810

Answer by Amanda11810 at 3:26 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• It is the same as women getting it.
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 5:45 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• chgomom, that's exactly what happened to my brother. she cheated, and then claimed to be the victim. they're in the middle of their divorce now, and she's withholding the kid from him. he's got a job now, but at first he literally had nothing because he was the sahd. i don't think he'll ask for support or anything, but he's fighting to have full custody, and he's going to ask for child support.
    i don't think it's unreasonable. i see women all the time abusin the system, which chaps my bum. but at the same time i'm proud of my lil bro for getting back on his feet, and not whining and claiming to be the victim
    AngryBob

Answer by AngryBob at 6:37 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Depends on the circumstance. But if a man beats, abuses or has an affair and dumps his stay-at-home-wife who has no means of support - yes, he should support her until she can get on her feet (depends on how long they were married too). HOWEVER, if the woman has an affair and dumps her husband, she should not be entitled to spousal support. She made a choice and should have to live with it.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 11:12 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Lets just say I'm old fashioned, I think men should be the "supporters".
    HKing01

Answer by HKing01 at 10:14 AM on Feb. 18, 2011