Do you pray with your DH?

We say grace with our family but I would like to pray more with him. I think I will ask him today.

Autumn07

Asked by Autumn07 at 6:01 AM on Feb. 18, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Yes I do! I think it's a great idea to ask your DH to pray more together! Have a great day!!
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 6:09 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• No.
    BeachMom81

Answer by BeachMom81 at 6:49 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Neither of us really "believe in" prayer - we don't really believe God interferes in human affairs, if you get what I mean. But we are both strong in our faith and enjoy discussing religion and having God a part of our relationship. Discussing religion with him is just as great as discussing it with the best of you guys, lol.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 6:57 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• No but I really wish we did pray together. As sad as it is I am very unclear on what he believes. I know he believes in God He does and he does go to church with me when he can.but beyond that I'm just not sure. I don't really know how to talk to him about it. He gets a ll weird and clams up. I ask him questions and I get little short answers. My mistake. I should have done this while we were dating. I wonder if it would have changed how anything turned out?
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:27 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• No. My husband refuses any part of my belief and that is ok. I have realized it is not for him. I don't need him to pray with me or "chant" with me in order to make my marriage stronger or my faith stronger. It is what it is and what he chooses he has sealed his own fate not mine
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 7:39 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Same boat as juju. I believe in the power of prayer, but my husband does not. He respects what I believe and what I do, but it isn't for him and I knew that long before I married him. Doesn't affect my way of thinking and we have a wonderful marriage.
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 8:17 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Nope. My husband doesn't follow any religion nor encourages or discourages it inside the home. But as my girls get older and we sit at the table to eat, I do wonder about the value of some kind of words over a meal. I was raised with dinnertime prayer and the impulse to do so is strong. I do wonder how the family would be if there was some kind of joint vision or goal in life.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 8:22 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• We dont do prayers but if we speak to the Divine we do it together and also seperately.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 10:07 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I'm kinda in the same boat as But Mommy. I want to but I'm unsure of how he'd react to that. I also don't really know where he is spiritually speaking. I guess I could ask him to. I should stop holding my breath for him to ask me,. I think I'm getting blue, lol! The worst he could say is no. If I don't ask then I guess I'll never know.
    kittieashy

Answer by kittieashy at 10:25 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• No. We keep our religious activities personal.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:24 PM on Feb. 18, 2011