What is the best way to clean a glass top stove?

I just got a glass top stove and it's the first time I've had the glass top. How do I clean the stove top?

Babydoll1015

Asked by Babydoll1015 at 3:34 PM on Nov. 18, 2008 in Home & Garden

• did it come with a manual i would check that out.
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 3:37 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• The manual would say if you lost it though mine says to use a single blade razor to scrape off anything cooked on. Also to use the ceramic cleaner solution with a non abrasive scruber rub that stuff in then wipe it till it shines with a rag.
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 3:38 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• they make great stuff..I can't recall what it is off hand. I use it on our glass top. They sell them at Walmart...read what it says...
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 3:44 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• First let me warn you...do NOT use a razor blade to scrape off your glass top stove. My friend did this and it scratched it all to heck, when I asked her why she was doing that, she said her manual said to. DON'T do that, mine certainly does not say to. Anyways....at Home Depot, in the appliance section they sell glass top cleaner and a special sponge, when used together it takes everything off of the glass. I used to only use the cleaner, but there would be baked on "residue" that I couldn't get off, so I got the special sponge and it took everything off.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 6:45 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• Scotch Brite has a new scrubber w/ cleaning pads and I love it. I have tried everything and this is the best by far.
    csbroncosgirl

Answer by csbroncosgirl at 7:23 PM on Nov. 18, 2008