Has anyone had just the tip of their appendix inflamed?

I was sent to the ER 2 days ago for severe abdominal pains and everything came back normal except my CT which was "mostly normal" in the doctors words. He said that just the tip of my appendix was inflamed and that usually does not indicate appendicitis. However, I was wondering if anyone still had their appendix out on a non emergency surgery for this. For people who have not how long did the pain take to go away? Mine has not gotten any worse, but It still isn't too much better and I am drained physically after like an hour.

MooNFaeRie30

Asked by MooNFaeRie30 at 6:24 AM on Feb. 18, 2011 in Health

• I have never heard of that wow. Have you tried researching on the net at reputable sites?
    BellaKristy

Answer by BellaKristy at 2:22 AM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Yes. I just had mine out and just the tip was all inflamed. I had bouts of nausea and vomiting for about 1 year. I was diagnosed with the tip being enflamed about 6 months ago but had no pain. Than I started getting stomach aches everytime I ate and started getting pain in my lower right side. They didn't want to leave it any longer so I had it removed. Just the tip was bad. That little bugger. Lol ...
    ShaSha1130

Answer by ShaSha1130 at 5:28 PM on Feb. 4, 2014

• Yes. I just had mine out and just the tip was all inflamed. I had bouts of nausea and vomiting for about 1 year. I was diagnosed with the tip being enflamed about 6 months ago but had no pain. Than I started getting stomach aches everytime I ate and started getting pain in my lower right side. They didn't want to leave it any longer so I had it removed. Just the tip was bad. That little bugger. Lol ... Also want to add that the only reason they didn't remove it 6 months ago was cause I had no pain. If I had pain they would have taken it right out.

ShaSha1130

Answer by ShaSha1130 at 5:30 PM on Feb. 4, 2014