Would you be mad?

i had to go somewhere yesterday and had to leave my three year old with my sixteen year old. i told him to take her outside for a bit to play beings that it was sooo nice here and she has a bit of cabin fever. well at bed time last night my three year old tells me that they went for a walk and went to christy's house. he has a friend named christy, i know she lives close to us but i dont know where. problem is i never gave him permission to take her anywhere. he was to stay right here at the house with her. and he didnt tell me that he took her anywhere so he didnt want me to know,lil does he know three year olds will tell you everything. would you be mad? should i say something? i've been having so many problems with him i dont want to jump the gun i feel i would get mad at him right now if he chewed he wrong way lol

jodi205

Asked by jodi205 at 6:35 AM on Feb. 18, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I agree with tootoobusy, getting mad and yelling at him will only make him defensive and make you even angrier. Ask where Christy lives and let him know that you don't want him taking the 3 year old for walks or to someones house without you knowing about it.
    how_reb

Answer by how_reb at 6:44 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• You need to discuss it with him. Try to be calm. Getting mad will just cause a blowup and drama. It will probably not be as effective as a calm discussion of what is expected and why.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 6:38 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• With teenagers you need to be very specific. You told him to take her out. He did. If you didn't want him to take her anywhere, you should have said that. He saw a loophole and took it. Next time spell it out.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 6:41 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I have to agree with layh41407 ...
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 7:57 AM on Feb. 18, 2011