• In the Spotlight:

How many of you can multi task 5 activities at once?

Please teach me how to do that effectively. I can only multi-task 3 -4 activities at once and my supervisor would like me to do at least 5. A woman should be able to multi-task with no error.

I must be slow. Please help.

cerealmom2

Asked by cerealmom2 at 6:40 AM on Feb. 18, 2011 in Money & Work

• I was in management at toy works and I had to do the employee schedule, do customer returns, count draws, do paper work, help set up sale items and talk to the customers. Some days I thought I was going to pull my hair out. lol

HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 9:10 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I am the master at multi tasking, but I often think my ADHD helps with that.
    Not everyone can multi task--not even every woman. My sister can not multi task. It doesn't mean she or her is less of a person, it means that your strengths lie elsewhere.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 6:43 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I may be able to help you, but I need more information. \
    How are you managing tasks and timelines? I have found that Outlook works best.
    Do you provide regular updates to the person(s) who assign the tasks?
    When you have tasks with conflicting deadlines, what is your process for determining priorities?
    Send me a message offlist if you would like to chat.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:47 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• im an admin as well - I have 2 monitors, it helps, I can usually do a few mtgs, charts, phone and deal with people at my desk pretty well at the same time.. does your boss want you to multi-task at the same time or just manage your time thru the day with multiple tasks at different rates so they are done when needed? prioritizing tasks to which ones need to be done first/take the most time helps as well GL
    bluerubychick

Answer by bluerubychick at 12:26 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• What are the tasks that you are trying to accomplish. Some tasks require more individual attention to be successfully completed.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 6:42 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I have to administrative tasks...
    cerealmom2

Comment by cerealmom2 (original poster) at 6:43 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I can multi-task 3 activities very well, anything more than that I get tripped up.
    cerealmom2

Comment by cerealmom2 (original poster) at 6:44 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• 2 kids, dinner, taking dog out to go potty, cleaning whatever the heck the kids spilled on the floor,
    all while checking fb and cafemom = 6. Lol
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 6:52 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• What sort of administrative tasks? I'm sorry, but what you said is too vague.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:55 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I used to work for the State and they ask you in their interview if you can multi-task,the correct answer is yes ,but finish each task completely,b4 you start to finish the other 4.It was not easy but you can do it.
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 4:17 PM on Feb. 18, 2011