Did your SO ask you to marry him, or did you propose?

BeachMom81

Asked by BeachMom81 at 6:46 AM on Feb. 18, 2011 in Relationships

• we had talked about getting married for a few months before he got down on one knee
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 7:32 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• He asked me to marry him 3 years or so after we met and around a 1 after we started dating.

Answer by gemgem at 7:32 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• he asked of course......
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 7:34 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I have a good answer for this one...He said "Lets get married.", I said, are you going go ask me? he said "Why don't we get married?" I said, that's not the right question." He said, "Do you want to get married?"I said, "yes, but you have to ask me correctly. Ask me, "will you marry me?" ". He didn't say anything. I talked to a friend of mine. She and decided to give my (then)S/O a class on how to ask the question. He just laughed while watching us from the couch. Later he said, "why don't you ask me then?" So, I said, okay, "Will you marry me?" He said "Yes." I said, okay cool, now you ask me. He didn't want to. So I went to a school. About a month and a half later I got a text of a canary ring with blue sapphires. Then i got a phone call..."did you get the text?" I said "yes." He said, "Will you marry me?" I said, "Yes." Call me stubborn, but I waited for him to ask the question. ;) We've been happily married for 3.5 years.
    ladymomtraveler

Answer by ladymomtraveler at 7:49 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• He asked me.
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 8:00 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• We were living together and I was fine with that. However, one day his mom and aunt decided we were getting older so it was time we got married and had children. I was visiting with his mom and he walked in and I told him that 'your mom and aunt think it's time to get married." So, I guess I sort of proposed. The reality was that his younger brother was getting married in November; his mom knew she had cancer (the family was unaware) and she wanted the last of her sons to be settled and cared for so she could die in peace. We got married in August. Like I said, his brother got married in November; everyone had a partner. She passed away shortly after I had my first son.
    rosiemendo

Answer by rosiemendo at 8:12 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• He proposed.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 8:20 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• After a few months of exclusive dating we were talking about where we saw the relationship going, and I told him that I eventually wanted to be married to him, and to be SM to his kids. He already knew that I never really wanted to be married or have children (at 33 I thought I was a confirmed bachelorette), so this was a significant statement to him. It was a very matter-of-fact conversation, and we moved on to another topic. Several months later, he proposed, and we were married 2 years later! We've only been married 2 1/2 years, but together more than 5, and it just keeps getting better!

Sooo, long story short (too late), HE DID!
    hrh.sassypants

Answer by hrh.sassypants at 8:59 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• He never asked. We "dated" for about 3 months and were trying to join the Army at the time so we just mutually decided to get married. Thankfully, it worked out, though it was a little crazy. We've been married almost 7 years and have 3 kids now and he's my best friend.
    HKing01

Answer by HKing01 at 10:10 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• He proposed to me while we were in Hawaii. We had been together for a little over 2 years.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 11:07 AM on Feb. 18, 2011