Another sex related question...

Has anyone ever effectively induced labor by having sex?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:42 PM on Nov. 18, 2008 in Pregnancy

• hahahaha no. i tried it with both kids, as uncomfortable as it was. it's not really the sex that helps, it's his semen and you have to have an orgasm. those are the 2 most important things you need for it to help.
    Anonymous

• The reason I ask is cause my husband did his man business in me all the way up to our due date all the time and my son was late. lol so I was wondering if it even works...
    Anonymous

• yes! with my last two actually. The first time we didn't do it on purpose, my son was 6 weeks early. The second time we did do it on purpose. It was a couple of days before my due date. We had sex and 2 hours later I was in labor, gave birth 5 hours later.
    Anonymous

• How could anyone ever really know? I think it's oftentimes a coincidence. Or what's to say that you couldn't have gotten things started bouncing on a yoga ball rather than having sex?
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 5:42 PM on Nov. 18, 2008