How do you get your life back together after it has completely gone to the toilet ? adult content

How do you start over when everything has fallen apart? No one listens, does anything and you are stuck with all the stress on your shoulders? How do you pull things back together? What would you do? Kids are not completing schoolwork, chores are not being done, hubby's not working as he should. Everyone makes a mess then expect you to pick it up. No one will follow a schedule or a routine.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:19 AM on Feb. 18, 2011 in General Parenting

• I always took it one day at a time when those things happened. I found it easy as well to go ahead and have a family meeting and explain you are stressed out and cant handle it. Maybe talk to your dh first and explain how you feel, then a family meeting with the kids. Come up with a chart for house work and tell them what needs to be done day to day. Maybe put in a point system where if they complete chores every day for a month they get a sort of a reward. It might help.
    Beyond that make sure you take time for yourself as well. Even if it is just a 30 min drive alone, or going to the library, or even a bubble bath. Down time for you really is essential.

Answer by gemgem at 7:25 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I know u must feel so alone while u are going thru this, but please know u are not....I am here for u and so is God. With so much on your plate now, u must trust that God is in control and all u need to do is pray and ask him to fix your situation..After that, try to quit worrying and relax a bit and let God do his thing. Trust him to take care of this for u.
    solosmom84

Answer by solosmom84 at 7:32 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Couldn't have said it any better then gem. I always tell myself that life just IS, and it is up to me how I deal withit.
    emptynstr

Answer by emptynstr at 7:34 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• You shake yourself off and plan for better, you stick to your rules and make them stick, consistency will be a friend in all of this, and you go one day at a time.

Answer by older at 7:48 AM on Feb. 18, 2011