Im a young mother of a 4 year old and i had her when i was 13. Sometimes i get frustrated and sometimes i dont want to be around her what do i do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:44 PM on Nov. 18, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• we all get frustrated as a parent regardless our age its normal and 4 year olds are hard to deal with. try taking a breather when she is getting to you step away from the situation and just breath. shes only 4 and not trying to annoy you that doesnt start till about 5 or 6 lol kidding well kind of. my 6 year old i think does it on purpose. it gets easier the older they get.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 3:46 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• I agree with the poster above...take a breather and step away...even if its to another room. Give yourself a break and realize that we all go through the same thing no matter what are age...
    Keep up the good work...
    ljliammama

Answer by ljliammama at 4:02 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• You need to find activities that you and her can do together, a movie that you both like with popcorn, art activities, the park, mc donalds (cheap dinner and play)... these are things I do when my almost 4 yr old son and my 2 yr old seem to be irritating me. Its not thier fault they were born. You obviously care or you wouldn't have asked the question. Keeping them busy with something you both enjoy together is the key! Construction paper, scissors, glue cost no more than $5 at walmart... lol I buy that stuff all the time! Let me know how it works out for you sweetie! Being a parent is rough but you have to get involved!
    LoganAndKennedy

Answer by LoganAndKennedy at 4:13 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• Hey and request me as a friend, you put the question up anonymously but i would love to talk with you more!
    LoganAndKennedy

Answer by LoganAndKennedy at 4:14 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• It's tough being a young mom. I know. I've been there. I do want to tell you that if it gets to the point when you are actually saying to yourself, "I don't want to be around her" I really suggest you talk to someone about it. I know a lot of people think therapists are just a bunch of quacks but if it wasn't for a therapist I don't know if I would have a relationship with my daughter. I started to have this problem when she was three and I waited too long before getting help to fix it. Do something now before it gets worse. There are a lot of ideas you can get on how to keep her busy but make sure that you are okay just being a mom first. You can't be Supermom until you've mastered being Mom. I know how tough it can be sometimes. If you want to talk, add me. Like I said, I've been there.
    sillyt

Answer by sillyt at 4:33 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• TRY TAKING A BREAK AWAY. HAVE SOMEONE WATCH HER FOR YOU FOR A WHILE SO YOU CAN GET WHAT I CALL "SOME ME TIME".
    breesmom1013

Answer by breesmom1013 at 9:01 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• I'm a young mother and was a single mother up until a month ago and my little girl is 4 years old and it does get extremly frustrating....especially if yours is like mine and follows you around everywhere and you would just sometimes like to go to the bathroom by yourself...lol.

I actually find it fun and relaxing when me a a friend and her children or my sister and her children get together. They will play and you can have grown up time and you can also get tips from the other parent on how to handle other situations.

I agree with everyones answers above. Especially the one about going to the store and getting the paper and scissors and stuff. My 4 year old little girl LOVES to do crafts and I just let her cut out how much she wants and we clean up after she gets done and she loves to glue paper together. Just make sure she doesn't cut or glue her hair.....lol

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I had my first at 17 and she was annoying at 4 and now at 39 I have my last child who is 4 yrs old and he annoys me the same...4yrs olds are annoying, it's their job, lol! but nothing is more annoying then a 7 yr old girl! Serioully! so try to find some time for her, play dolls or barbies or something. Also try to find a parents support group. They have ones for teen moms. When my 1st was 4, I joined a parents annonamus (spell?) group, made a world of difference! in my attitude towards her and felt better about my being her mom.
    If you would like you can message me. Right now you need alot of support! Take care....
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 4:55 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I need to add one more thing...When I get to the point of being burnt out with too much time around my girls or my 4 yr old son....I tickle and horse play! not rough or tickle til they cry...rather I just grab them and have some crazy fun, it releases frustration and they are having fun.
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 5:04 PM on Nov. 19, 2008