CAN A FULLTIME WORKER RECIEVE FOOD STAMPS?

I AM A SINGLE MOM WHO WORKS FULL TIME, I AM NOT MAKING ENDS MEET. I SOMETIMES HAVE TO CHOOSE BETWEEN GROCERIES OR BILLS. I AM SO CALLED OVER QUALIFIED FOR DAY CARE ASSISTANCE. I ONLY BRING HOME ABOUT $350.00 A WEEK. DOES ANY ONE KNOW OF ANY KIND OF ASSISTANCE TO HELP OUT W/ PEOPLE WHO WORK FULL TIME AND STILL DON'T BRING ENOUGH INCOME HOME.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:46 PM on Nov. 18, 2008 in Money & Work

• Yes, a full time worker can get assistance. It is based on income, not work status. That's why many people who get assistance end up turning down promotions - the differenece in pay would kill their benefits but the raise isn't enough to cover the bills without the help. A classic catch-22.

Go and ask. The worst they can say is no.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 3:49 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• you should beable to receive something. they average out your income and go by the number of people you have in your home you would have to apply to find out and you can actually apply online and they will contact you telling you what other info you need to send them.
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 3:51 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• It goes by income I know here in washington for a family of 3 food stamp income cap is around 1700$ a month. So if you have more then the income cap a month for your family size no you wont get it of course. Take into account any child support you get too, that goes towards the income they count. The food banks are usually a little more lienant so I would try that, if you qualify for medical then you can get food at the food bank here. Also its christmas time so try and find out how to sign up for a holiday basket (ours is usually through volunteers of america/ food bank).
    Crystal42683

Answer by Crystal42683 at 3:56 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• Yes you can, when I was a single mom I was working full time and getting food stamps and medicaid because I couldn't afford the health insurance through my work. It was a big help.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 4:16 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• It goes by income. If you make too much, look into Angel Food Ministries. It's really good food and it's like $35 a box or something. A box is around a week or 2 worth of food.
    Anonymous

• It goes by your income and how many kids you have. When I was a single mom I did get food stamps. I made about $350 a week myself and had 4 kids to take care of. I got $300 a mth for food.
    Anonymous

• it really depends waht city u live in. But yes. In pa, I make too much for daycare help, & health insurance BUT I get food stamps. I can actually make up to 1400 a month. so check it out. It cant hurt just 2 apply. The worst they can do is deny u
    Martina79

Answer by Martina79 at 7:00 PM on Nov. 18, 2008