Has anyone continued smoking cigarettes while pregnant ? I used to be a light smoker as in about a pack a week and cut back to maybe 2 cigarettes every 2 weeks or so am i have cut back alot but still worried about defects. Sometimes the stress gets to me and as you know i may "need" one.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:05 AM on Feb. 18, 2011 in Pregnancy

• With my first pregnancy I had quit completely by 13 weeks, and like a dummy I started on them again after she was born. With my second I just couldn't do it. Won't even begin to go into the kind of things I was dealing with during that time. I felt guilty every time I lit up. However, my son was an 8lb perfectly healthy baby who shows no sign of issues so far at age 2. I still don't encourage ANYONE to smoke during pregnancy, I think I just got very lucky.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:12 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I know with each of my pregnancies, before I even KNEW I was pregnant the cigarettes would make me super nautious and then when I found out I was I just quit cold turkey. To say the least, it wasn't very hard for me to quit.
    proudmom2510

Answer by proudmom2510 at 8:09 AM on Feb. 18, 2011