Could this happen again

my second son was born on my bedroom floor cause the hospital let me go saying that i wasnt dialted or anything like that but yet an hour later i had my baby boy on the floor could this happen with my third baby she has some health problems going on could i tell them to keep me or what can i do about it

devlynsmommy08

Asked by devlynsmommy08 at 8:13 AM on Feb. 18, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I had a friend who had her kids quick--she would feel the pain and then within a few hours her kid was here,lol. The doctor made her schedule a c-section for the next kid so that didn't happen again (the dr didnt make it back to the room before he was born, lol--nirsy literally caught him!) I would talk to your doctor and tell him your concerns. And if you think it is time and they try to send you home--go sit in the waiting room. Then you're not far away. I would also consider using a different hospital this time. If they are not going to listen to their patients then--whatever. KWIM Good Luck!
    faithnseansmama

Answer by faithnseansmama at 8:58 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I would just make it very clear that your first birth was very fast and that you do not want to experience the same thing this time. The nurses blew me off with my first when I told them I felt I needed to push. They kept putting me off, telling me not to and saying to each other and everyone else that walked in that I was "a first timer". I finally told my husband to either get the doctor or I was going to have this baby alone and sure enough, the doc walked in and in a semi-panicked voice told the nurses to get ready, NOW. Stick to your guns and be prepared for anything!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 10:29 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Just tell the hospital your past and tell them that you don't want to go home for atleast a few hours to make sure
    Tarrahs2011

Answer by Tarrahs2011 at 12:01 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• I would definatelly not deliver at the same hospital unless you have no choice. if this should happen again and you feel as if its about to happen again you dial 911 as fast as you can do what you need to do especially if your having complications. Good luck!
    Destins_Mommy

Answer by Destins_Mommy at 3:58 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Definitley inform them of your quick labor! That should help keep you in there if you're not really progressing.
    shanapiv

Answer by shanapiv at 9:08 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• i would definitely tell my doctor my concerns about that because your hospital should listen to you..i had a friend who had her second and third baby on her dads living room floor because no one believed her when she said she was in labor..but if they wont listen to you i would not deliver there again thats just crazy
    ahsot1230

Answer by ahsot1230 at 12:50 AM on Feb. 19, 2011