What would you do? (kinda long)

My DD is 7 months old and the only time she is not with me is when I let her stay in the nursery at Church. I also volunteer in the nursery and was in there this past Sunday. The nursery is for kids birth to 5 and only has one worker assigned each Sunday. I noticed that the older kids hit, throw objects, kick, etc. and the little ones are in the middle of it. It's a tiny room and there is no way to divide them. I addressed the behavior of the older kids (time out when I had them) and told the grandparents when they were picked up. The response I got was oh well that's how they act. I was apalled! I don't want my DD exposed to that bad/somewhat dangerous behavior. My question is Should I remove my DD from the nursery or suggest that something be done about the aggressive child?

Kimebs

Asked by Kimebs at 3:53 PM on Nov. 18, 2008 in General Parenting

• Maybe you could see if there are others willing to volunteer some time to open another room geared for the older children? Maybe you could start it? If not, then I would just bring he rinto the service with me. When she starts crying and interupting service maybe people will take notice and see that there needs to be more done.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 3:56 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• I would first suggest that something be done about the aggressive child/ren and if you do not get support from the church then consider removing your child from the nursery.
    sillyt

Answer by sillyt at 3:57 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• I think you should do both. and do not put her back in their tell it gets straightened out. I would only bring my child if I was down their, so I could keep track of her

Answer by louise2 at 3:57 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• I would ask the church to address the situation. Having said that, and not that that kind of behavior should be made acceptable...just be prepared mom! You spend 5 yrs loving them and teaching them manners and the first day of kindergarden some kid calls them a butt head or worse! So unless you plan to home school your children...brace yourself for having to deal with this for a looooong time!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 3:45 PM on Nov. 19, 2008