Weight Watchers

Many diet forums users are complaining that they are losing/ gaining the same few pounds on WW points plus. Do you find this to be the case? Do you think they should bring back the old plan?

peachwine

Asked by peachwine at 8:18 AM on Feb. 18, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I haven't lost much on the points plus program, but then I've been really "bad" lately. I'm willing to stick it out though, as I know that WW bases all their plans throughout the years on the best science to date. I really think that if my husband and I truly work the plan and stop making, "but it's the holidays, my birthday, Valentine's day" excuses, we'll continue to lose. Good luck!
    hrh.sassypants

Answer by hrh.sassypants at 8:35 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Nope. I earned life time membership 16 years ago. Stopped sticking to any sort of good habit I had developed and gained it all back and then some. ;) I went back to WW the week they introduced the Points Plus plan (early December) and I've lost 20 pounds sticking to it. I started on the plan that had gave you an allotment of food types each day. I did the program under the old points program. I find this new one MUCH easier to manage.

The people in my meetings that are struggling are ones that have not yet made a full switch. They aren't figuring points on the new system - they are eyeballing and guesstimating or they are using what they remember from the old plan. They're not tracking and in some cases, they aren't eating all their allotted totals each day because they are afraid of the higher daily points allowance. The new plan works *IF* you make the commitment to it, track your points and accurately calculate them
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 11:34 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Ive heard some great success stores. Good Luck
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 4:27 PM on Mar. 7, 2011