Swollen lymph node?

let me start off saying if this makes no since im sry. behind my ears both of them , and right at the point of my jaw bone, it is swollen and painful. now i gauged my ears the day b4 yesterday, they were fine painful a bit of swelling on the ear itself but thats al normal. so yesterday when im trying to change out the tapper to the plug i really irratated them. they swol up real big, so i called some friends how have gauged their ears and every1 said that it all normal. well last night when i went to bed i noticed that behind my ears was starting to hurt, so i felt it to see if it was swollen. and yes it was. after i woke up this morning i realized that i is more swollen that it was last night. i typed in "swollen behind ears" in my bing search bar and it brought up a lot of swollen glands sites. saying the swelling could b due from infection, well first of all i acoholed the shit out of the tappers when i put them in ( yes i now know u dont use alcohol) and secondly should i be running a fever if i have an infection? im a little freaked out over it, honestly till this morning i didnt even know u had lymph nodes behind ur ears. but back to my question could this just b a swollen lymph node due to really bad irratation and/or infection? if it doesnt start to feel better in a few hours im going to go to the er, i just wanted to see if ne1 could give me some advice or insight. thanks mamas.

mamasmurf171

Asked by mamasmurf171 at 8:20 AM on Feb. 18, 2011 in Health

• That is probably what it is,but there is no need freak out about it. Are you ears infected? Lymph nodes are part of the immune system, they filter, so that is probably an infection. It's not life threatening or anything though. If it doesn't go away in a few days, then go to the doctor.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 8:54 AM on Feb. 18, 2011

• i dont know if they are infected but they are swollen and tender but im told that is normal. so it is ok that i dont go to the er today? i just dont wanna waste a dr.'s time when they could b dealing w/ a real emergncy
    mamasmurf171

Comment by mamasmurf171 (original poster) at 10:18 AM on Feb. 18, 2011